FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
anyone with XXL follies and cancelled iui?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    kim davis
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

anyone with XXL follies and cancelled iui?

Well I was all excited, went to cd11 ultasound to look at follies and schedule my 2nd IUI. BUT... I had three follies that were way too big, somewhere around 36 X 28 (3.6-3.8mm) or so. Dr. had upped my clomid to 150mg this cycle. He says I have to cancell HCG trigger shot and IUI due to hyperstimulation. Then he tells me, "but bms still, it's still possible to get pg." I don't know if that's really true or if he was just trying to make me feel better. Didn't work, I feel like @#%&! Does anyone know if this cycle is a total loss for me or not? I really need some direction here. He also suggested a lap, so that puts me out two cycles right? Can you still ttc the same month you have a lap done? I'm so confused and upset...sorry to vent. Would love any advice, thanks!

Kim

2. Advertisement

dutchgirl
    is :)
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Hi, I was canceled due to too many follies but was able to proceed with the next cycle. We were told NOT to bms due to the chance of getting pg with 3+ babies. So, yes, you can still get pg on your own. Sorry, I don't know anything about laps. But - I wish you all the best and hopefully someone has more answers for you.

Hang in there!

Lisa

Audrey's mom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi Kim,

I had 1 iui cycle where I had a huge follie about the same size as you mentioned. The other 2 were in the normal size range. This cycle was successful and I conceived 1 baby. Age has a lot to do with the expected results. In my case, at 40, multiples were not considered a risk.

I had a lap done also. I actually had the lap before any iui cycles. I had the lap in Feb 2002 and I was able to do my 1st cycle in March 2002.

I don't know if it was a wasted cycle or not. If you are young, maybe your re thought the chance of multiples was too high. For me, luckily, it's not something I needed to worry about.

Good luck with your next course of action. And I strongly recommend a lap to anyone I know.
    Cheryl & John ~Audrey Olivia born 3/19/04~