FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Hpt

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Hpt Hpt

mmehegartner
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hpt

Ok, yesterday I used first reponse to see if all of the HCG from the shot was out of my system. The test came back -. This morning 5dpiui, I used a ept and it came back faint positive. I guess I don't know what to think. Any help would be appreciated!!

2. Advertisement

DrAussieMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I think maybe the one was a dud. I would check again tonight and see if you get a stronger line, and if you do, I would believe it, but if you get no line, or a faint line again, I would wait a few days and then test again (I know, easy for me to say!)

Lots of luck!

Genevieve2003
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    How much HCG did you receive when you triggered? Five days post IUI seems really early for a true positive as the average time for implantation is about 8 days after conception. The only other thing I can think of is if your urine was more dilute when you received the negative result. Also, were the two tests of equal sensitivity? If you have plenty of cheap tests you could test daily to see if the line darkens or fades. I hope this info helps.
    Genevieve
    TTC#1
    IUI/clomid (50mg)-10-04-04

playitagainsam
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    First reponse was clearly + for me at 7dpiui (and I did not take HCG), only to have my beta come back at <2. At 11 dpiui, I took 5 tests, and all were + excepts the FR.

Moral of the story: go with a different test.

I recommend the test strips you can buy on-line. They're just as sensitive, and I've found them much more reliable.

Jessica
    me 26, dh 35
    IF issue: severe male factor
    dd Ryan Julia, 3 1/2 years old
    donor IUI October 13, '04--BFP!!!
    EDD 7/7/05 IT'S A GIRL!!! Wyatt Olivia