FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
New Plan

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DrAussieMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

New Plan

Well, here is our plan. My DH and I had "the big talk" last night (and this morning... lol). We now have a "new plan" for this great thing we like to call infertility.

1. Quit my job (at least the one that stresses me out), the other is teaching, which I love. He thinks the stress is the reason for the BFNs, so thinks this should be step 1.

2. Do more IUIs, at least 4 with a "good response". (like the Dr. recommends)

He is very reluctant to do IVF, so he said if we went with the plan above and we still have a negative repsonse, then maybe we should go for IVF, but not to get ahead of ourselves and see how the IUIs go WITH NO STRESS. He is the sweetest person, and I can tell how uncomfortable he is with all of this, so I don't think it is a bad idea to remove myself from an enviornment that is stressing me out (and they won't let me have any more time off for appointments, etc. without going on family leave). Anyway, I am not going to quit, but take a three month leave of absence. That way I can de-stress and figure out how to make a BFP. What will I do with all this time?? Maybe I will jump over to the hobby boards, lol.... yesterday was a dark day, today not looking so bad

Thanks for listening everybody, it has been nice to see that I can use this board as a shoulder to cry on when I need it, and hopefully do the same when others are in need.

2. Advertisement

dutchgirl
    is :)
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Oh Kris

I am so glad you are feeling more positive today and that you have a plan. What a difference a day makes! I think that you are wise to cut down on the stress in your life...it can only help.

Good for you...and best of luck!

Lisa

ItzMe
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry about your BFN. I'm happy to hear you have a plan and are ready to move forward. One of my best friends (also suffers from IF) told me as long as you have determination, you have a chance. I try to keep that in the back of my head.

Hang in there!

DrAussieMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Well, there goes that plan!!

I just got back from the Dr. First, he said that I have 4 cysts, over 5.5 mm..... he said I am benched for at least a month, probably two. Rats!! He is also putting my on BCP this month.

I mentioned to him that my cycle times were decreasing each month.... this month only 26 days (used to be 32 regularly). He was so surprised he didn't catch it before. He said that may be the reason for no BFP. He wants to put me on progestrone suppositories (they are coming in the mail). Don't know much about them, but he said my follicles are not of good quality if I am cycling that fast. The suppositiories will help - maybe that is the ticket.

Going to take time off work anyway

On a funny note, he wanted to know how I was so educated on the process. I told him about this board, and all the help you gals are.......

Hesmysunshine
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It's good that you pointed out the fact that your months are shorter each month and that the doc is addressing that. I also hope that you aren't benched for 2 months!! That has to be sooo frustrating!!! I'm thinking of you lots and praying things look up for you soon, take the time off and enjoy yourself!!! (have to admit, I envy you that...I just picked up a second job!!!) Good luck with the progesterone...I hope that is your ticket!! Hope to still see you around!!!

Tea~*
    Me 39, DH 51
    "Teddy" 1/15/07 after 4 long years of waiting and praying. The apple of my eye, the beating of my heart. I still can't believe I'm a Mama!

Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times. Martin Luther
    www.zibbet.com/beadsforthee

favresgirl
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Kris,

Well, I must say you sound much better today, I'm so glad to hear to you have a plan in mind (even if it is going to be put on hold for a few months!!). My RE put me on progesterone supps my first IUI with her and I have been on them with every IUI since. They aren't too bad, just be sure to stock up on pads/pantyliners! My IUI last cycle AF arrived 5 days earlier then expected and I had never had a cycle that short, well, I also didn't take the prog. supps last cycle (I know, how bad of me!) but I hated the fact that the prog. supps gave me false signs of being pregnant and also will delay AF (most women won't get AF while taking the prog supps, AF won't come until you stop taking them), so I just decided last cycle not to use them, figured that wasn't my problem anyways. Well, I'm kicking myself now as AF arrived 5 days early and everything I read said that a short luteal phase could be due to low progesterone, so who knows if last cycle would have worked or not, but by not taking the prog. supps I certainly didn't help my chances. Sorry this got so long, just wanted to give you my background with the progesterone supps. Needless to say this cycle I am taking the prog supps as directed, one in the morning and one before bed until my beta and I am told to stop. If you have any further questions about the progesterone supps please feel free to ask me. By the way, if you ever want to email me offline my email address is favresgirl@comcast.net. Good luck to you and I hope we can continue to keep in touch with each other even if we aren't cycle buddies!!

P.S. Still waiting for AF to arrive...still no signs of being pg....oh this 2ww is going to kill me yet!!

dutchgirl
    is :)
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Darn Kris! I'm sorry about you being benched. That is sooo frustrating. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that it's a short rest. Sorry I can't answer your questions on the progesterone.

Take care and keep us posted.

Lisa

DH Lawrence
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kris -

Sorry to hear things will be dragged out a little longer, but for what it's worth, I think your plan looks like a good one. Statistically, it seems wise to try a few well-timed IUI's before ruling them out as the solution.

On the stress, I can tell you that when my wife is under some particular stress at work it really throws her cycle off, making it that much harder to get the timing right.

One suggestion if you don't mind - maybe you're already doing this, but to combat stress, we've rejoined a gym and are exercising more (treadmill, yoga, swimming) a few times a week. Tough to find the time and energy, and the gym is yet one more expense, but it kills a whole flock of birds with one rock: less stress, better sleep, better SA's from higher testosterone, gets us talking about and doing something other than infertility crap, and kills time during all the 2 week waits.

By the way, I'm glad to hear of another husband who participates and helps think through the options - sometimes I think my over-involvement is a little strange, but my wife is not one to sweat the details and in this process sometimes the details really matter, so two heads are better than one.

Thanks for all your involvement here.

China2007
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Oh hon, I know about cysts. So sorry, they suck.
    Good for you to catch the shortening cycles. I had to point it out to my doctor too.
    Good luck, sorry you are benched but you can keep it warm with me LOL
    Beth
    ttc #2 on the bench until the thaw
    B
    Dd 6 yo
    Dd LID April 19/06
    Just remember - if the world didn't suck, we would all fall off.
    http://addingaptothepod.blogspot.com/

DrAussieMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    DH Lawrence...

Oh you made me laugh, my screen name is short for Kristie, sorry, I am not the DH. He is supportive, but has never been here (at elast that I know of)......

On th gym thing, I got a tread mill two months ago, but with all the ovary stimming, they don't want me running, I am now able to get back on it, and it is great. (even lost another 5 pounds this month.

Good luck to you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast