FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
temping

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    mindybr
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

temping

For those who are temping. I know that the temp must stay up to mean pg but what day do I look for it to go down if I am not pg. And how much of a dip will it be? If you have any other information about temping please let me know. I know to do it after at least 3 hrs consecutive sleep and before I get up. That is about it....thanks mindy

2. Advertisement

studiohuron
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi mindy
    Your temp is suppose to drop the day of or the day before you get AF. I personally had several times where it dropped and two days later AF came. Mostly likely it will happen the day of and it could take two days for it to drop (like from 98.0 to 97.5 to 97.0). Also, I had an experience where my temp dropped two days before AF and AF never came (my temp did go back up) - Because of that I was convinced I was getting AF, went out and got drunk and two days later took a positive beta. Boy was I wrong!
    Basically, I'm trying to point out - temping is a nice guide. If you have irregular AF cycles it can be harder to interpret your charts - for me AF was so irregular, my charts were as well, they never made sense and never matched any in any of those fertility charting books. Charting was extremely helpful with ovulation!
    Until you see AF anything is possible!
    Hope some of this helps and hopefully you'll get more posts explaining more.
    Good luck!

mindybr
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks I have noticed that none of the charts that I have seen ever look like mine plus I have no idea how they are reading the darn things. I get mine all sort of messed up. I haven't temped in years and just started again this cycle just to see. thanks for the reply agian. mindy

dutchgirl
    is :)
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Hi Mindy,

There is a board just for temping and the ladies there are very knowledgeable.

Check it out!

http://www3.fertilethoughts.com/foru...?s=&forumid=10

Lisa

p.s. if temp stays up for 18 days after o you can consider yourself pg (so they say). Also, it will typically (though not always) drop just before AF or right after AF starts. Lastly, your temp can dip slightly and then rise again in the luteal phase (period after o and before af (or hopefully pg ) HTH!