FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Hello..I'm a Newbie!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    jenger
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello..I'm a Newbie!

Hi All,

I am new to this site but have lurking for a couple of days after I did an IUI search on the web. Please forgive me while I get the lingo down. I belong on another message board site and it is a little different.

Dh and I just did our second IUI on Jan.19th and another one on the 20th. I have been having AF symptoms lately tho. I should be testing on Feb. 10th. I have seen posts of how their dh sperm count was low, but my dh count is only 1,000,000 this time around!! I am trying to be positive.

We did our first IUI last year and dh's count was only 800,000 but unfortunately it ended in a m/c. We can't afford IVFs so we are fortunate Dh's insurance covers lifetime IUI's.

But dh doesn't have the only issue, I have Type II Diabetes and PCO. When it rains it poors...

Well hope to get to know you all and babydust to all!

2. Advertisement

DrAussieMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Jenger - Welcome to the boards here.

remember it only takes one. Are you on clomid or injections?

Best of luck!!!!!!!!

jenger
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kris thanks for the welcome. I was on Clomid only. My doc said she's seen many pregnancies with a count like Dh's. They had us do a back to back IUI so total swimmies were 2,000,000 I hope one of them made it!

mindybr
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    jenger, welcome, There seems to be no difference in the felling of Af and PG. We believe in PUPO which is pregnant until proven otherwise. Here's to you haveing a short stay here...mindy

jenger
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mindy! I think I know you as I am a PUPO also!

Jen (hizboo)

DH Lawrence
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome...

As a DH with low fertility, I'm really stunned by your post. You mean you guys achieved a pregnancy with only 800 thousand post-wash motile sperm with and IUI? And on top of that you have female factors?? Wow.

That's incredible as we've been consistently told that while 1 million is the absolute minimum, we really need about 5 to 10 million to have any realistic hope of success.

We've had 2 IUIs (no female issues). My post-wash motile counts were 14 million and 12 million, but no success. We were told by the nurse, the count was enough, but not great.

In any case, best of luck to you in this process.

- BT

jenger
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I apologize for being MIA.

Yes, Lawrence, we actually got pg with our first IUI with only 800,000 count. The doc. told us it wasn't where she wanted it to be. The second day we couldn't make it to the doctor for the second IUI so we just BD.

The second round- IUI back to back we had was with a count of 1,200,000 (posted wrong counts in my first post) and then 800,000 the next day. Failed Cycle. The doc told us she had seen plenty of success with only 2mill.

We just did our third round of back to back IUI's last weekend and the first was 1,000,000 and the second was 1,200,000. So I don't test for another week. I don't feel any pg symptoms. Now I am thinking the first time was just a fluke that we got PG.

Dh and I came back from the urologist today and he told dh that he had a large varicocele and would need surgery. I was hoping it was just hormonal and he would have to pop some pills. I thought I read one of your posts where you had the surgery also...how low was it pre surgery?
    Last edited by jenger; 03-12-2005 at 08:59 PM.