FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Suggestions for Trigger

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    bailymk
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Suggestions for Trigger

Hi Ladies...

I haven't been around for awhile so to catch up...here is where I've been in the journey of IF. We have done 4 IUI's on 50mg of clomid (natural cycle timing) with no luck.

I just started seeing an RE and am very excited about starting fresh! We are doing an IUI this month on 100mg of clomid, internal ultrasound and then trigger shot.

My fear is in the trigger! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it the least painful as possible? I have a huge phobia about needles to begin with so this is not an easy thing for me. My DH is going to give me the injection in my behind. 8-)

Any suggesitons would be greatly appreciated!
    Melanie

2. Advertisement

DrAussieMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Use ice!!!!! Take the icecube and sit it on the spot the needle will go in. Put it there, until you can't feel the icecube - it numbs it soo much that you won't feel it.

Also, make sure that it is at room temperature (hold it in your hands for about 3 minutes.

Piece of cake!! (kind of )

jcc
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ice can help. Also be sure to allow the area to be dry from the alcohol swab. Doing the injection too quick after swabbing could cause a little sting. It honestly isn't that bad. Good luck!