FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
new to this stuff

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    rusty123
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

new to this stuff

hi i would some imfom on iui , i just seen a fertility dr and she told us we are both perfectly normal , so for one month she recommended iui with the drug femera and hcg shot to trigger ovalution i think , wondering anyone have any bad side effects to these drugs because i took clomid in the past which was awlful, i had every side you could mention while taking this drug.

2. Advertisement

bailymk
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My biggest side effect is sleepiness! About 2 hours after I take the clomid I want to crawl into bed. Other than that, I haven't had any of the other 'normal' side effects.

I think there is a drug similar to clomid (it begins with an s). Maybe your RE could prescribe that instead?

Good luck!
    Melanie

janslem
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I call clomid the HELL drug. I too had horriable side affects from it. I was so scared to start injections, but it is wonderful compared to clomid. I have used repronex and gonal and the only thing i can really complain of is when I take the gonal i find my self real fatigue. I hope this helps.

janslem
    dx PCOS in 1995, hypothyriod in 1999
    6 injection cycles with 2 IUI!
    1 5/03, 1 chemical 10/01,
    1 blighted ovum 12/03

Braelyn Claire born 4/25/07

Carson Paul born 7/15/09

sullihs
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My RE suggested I try Femera this cycle or the next due to the fact that Clomid is thinning my uterine lining. I don't know anything about it. Have you started taking it yet? I am trying to find out about side effects as well. I guess I will try to find some info about it on another site.

rusty123
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

femara

hi guys i am almost to the end of my 1 st femara cycle and got to say i did have few hot flashes but nothing esle at all when it comes to clomid it was a drug form hell for me , i had every side effect in the book on clomid , if this don't work this month i will be moving on to iui taking femara and trigger shot , for the most far this drug femara is wonderful compared to clomid.