FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Anyone have a canceled cycle for low E2?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    msr31md
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have a canceled cycle for low E2?

Arrrggghhh!
    Just got off the phone with my RE's nurse. After 3 days of stims (Follistim 150) my E2 went from 20 to 30. I don't get it b/cs my other two cycles I responded really well to this dose. She had me on BCPs between cycles, and I am wondering if that has messed things up?? This was the only month I took BCPs.

Any advice? It seems like other people have stimmed slowly and done fine, I am not sure why she wants to cancel it so soon. It is only CD#6.

Thanks for letting me vent!
    Micol

2. Advertisement

DrAussieMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I had the same response this month, after 5 days of injections E2 was only 100 with no follicles. They uped my dose, and I had a great cycle response. Are they cancelling, or just upping from here?

msr31md
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Woops--in my frustration I did not really say that they want to cancel the whole cycle. But...I talked her into letting me do 2 more days and then see. We are going to switch to Repronex for these two days with the hopes that adding LH to the FSH will kick things back into gear.

So, an U/s and another E2 on Friday. If it does not look good, it's back to the bench again...Grrr...

Thanks for the support, kris! I am glad you made good follies and I hope this is the month for you!

--Micol

DrAussieMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Don't loose hope - the nice part about the repronex is that I didn't have any side effects, like on clomid (which my DH was grtateful for!).

I didn't have anything after 4 days, but after they bumped me, in two days I had 6!!! Good luck - you are still in the game!!!!!!

Jen
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I read this I thought, "Oh my god, I could have typed this thread". I definitely believe that BCP's affect FSH levels and that affects how you respond to your stimulation!!

I have done 2 IVF's and both I refused to take BCP's because everytime that I took BCP's I would be being delayed due to elevated FSH and negative results of my U/S prior to starting. This time I agreed to take them because we had to try to time this IVF perfectly w/DH's travel schedule. What a mistake!!!

I just got converted to IUI (go in tomorrow am) because I only have 3 or 4 follicles that they think will be mature.

I totally believe that BCP's can affect your results. I think that it's different for everyone but based on 2 IUI's & 2 IVF's I can say that I definitely stim better if I don't suppress w/BCP's.

Next cycle I would suggest skipping the BCP's.
    I know that I will!

Best of luck to you!
    JEn.
    Me 35/DH 37
    ttc #1 for 3 long years
    Dx: Male Factor (vas reversal) and Elevated NK Cells

7/02-IUI w/Clomid cd5-9 - BFN
    2/03-IUI w/Clomid cd5-9 Chemical 4/04-4/04 - IVF#1 - BFN
    10/04-IVF #2 - BFP - Chemical
    1/05 - IVF #3 - Converted to IUI 2/3 BFN
    5/05 - IVF #3 - Currently stimming

Mom to Wrigley and Soldier- My furbabies
    Step Mom to two wonderful children

msr31md
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks y'all! As usual these boards make me feel better.

My RE told me she would pray for me. That does not sound like a good sign from a medical professional, but I am sure she was trying to be nice. Ooooh boy...

Welcome Jen--I hope this month is smooth for you.

No more evil BCPs for me. Never.

M

dutchgirl
    is :)
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Hi Micol,

FWIW, I thought you would like to know that Repronex was what I used and will use again. As you know, we have similar histories.

Oh, and don't get me started on BCP's. I think they are the reason I have IF issues in the first place.

Hugs,
    Lisa

BrookeTrout
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Follistim - so I can't say much about the Repronex ...

Good luck ... and Eggs can grow 1-2MM a day ... I hope your E2 Climbs

Brooke

msr31md
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks--she said it has to be 200 by tomorrow and/or 5 good looking follies on U/S. Somehow I don't see getting from 30 to 200 in 2 days, so likely back to the bench. I'll let you know.

Where are you in your cycle, Brooke?

Lisa, any sign of AF yet??!! I also never had irreg periods until I went on the pill. I am steering clear from now on. The Repronex went in fine--I actually thought it stung less than the Follistim, but now the spot is really sore (like my butt after the hcg) but there is no bruise. I guess I'll do the other side of my tummy tonight.

BTW, Jen, are NK cells natural killer? My DH had a high WBC count in his SA and had to take antibiotics, but they did not say what type of WBCs they are?

Thanks for the support, ladies, as always...

Micol

BrookeTrout
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Micol

I had been using Clomid - three IUI's anf my lining was never really great ...

So I started the Follistim ( after taking the BCP's) and I had my IUI on 1/26 ( my DH's birthday) ... I had at the time 19, 18, 17 & 14 - my lining was 11.6 the day before the IUI.

I am in the 2ww - with about another week to go. It is driving me crazy ... everything is covered by insurance but the Follistim - and that costs about 800 - 1,000 a month ... I don't know how many of them we can afford to do.

So I am hoping like (heck) that this is it!

Best of luck with your appt!

Brooke