FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
sort of worried and ideas

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mindybr
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

sort of worried and ideas

I had my iui yesterday. The doctor had to clamp on my cervix with is no big deal she has done it everytime. But this time she said that it didn't like it and there might be some blood. She had to but something like sufine ?? on it to make it stop bleeding... That was at noon. By four o'clock I started having bad cramping. I have irritable bowel syndrome and that is what it felt like. I took some asprin and took a nap. That usually does it with minimal soreness like I did 4000 sit ups. But this time my whole belly hurt like I had to burp or pass gas. I went to bed last night early and slept late today with my belly still sore and tender....ok my question is could she have hit my utuerus? Or could it be a reaction from what she did? Or could it be something esle? I have had three IUI's and none of them did this before...I am kinda scared...anyway I don't think anyone will really have an answer but was hoping someone could give me an idea. thanks mindy

2. Advertisement

jannie
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    How many mature follicles did you have and what size. If there were a few than that could account for the discomfort as you ovulate I guess. Not sure but hope you feel better soon.

janslem
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Jannie, it could be from ovulating. Sometimes it hurts so bad I can hardly walk. But if I were you I would call my RE just to be safe. I hope you start feeling better soon! Keep us posted.

Janslem
    dx PCOS in 1995, hypothyriod in 1999
    6 injection cycles with 2 IUI!
    1 5/03, 1 chemical 10/01,
    1 blighted ovum 12/03

Braelyn Claire born 4/25/07

Carson Paul born 7/15/09

mindybr
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure how many I had my doc doesn't u/s but they did up me from 50 to 100mg this cycle. I am not consernd about ovulation it feels like tight muscles down there but my belly is really really sore and tight...that is my main consern but I will call my doc to just check...thanks mindy

DrAussieMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mindy,

I had much the same experience this month, not like anything before. My Dr. said she hit my certix and to excepect bleeding and cramping, I am about 3 hours after IUI, and I am having bad cramping. I will do lke you and sleep for a while. I hope somebody here knows the asnwer, as I think tomorrow I will have the same question.

What do you mean she clamped down , is there an instrument? Why do they do that? I have not had it before clamped, so not sure what that means.

mindybr
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kris7 my doc has an insturment that holds the cervix still so she can get the catherader in. I havn't seen it so i don't know what it really is. she says that sometimes cervix's move around making it hard to sting the cathader in so this tool clamps onto the cervix and holds it still....sorry couldn't tell you more...it sort of pinches but not bad...I am starting to do better but still feels like I did 4000 situps...mindy

ItzMe
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last month after my 2nd IUI, I felt exactly the same way until AF showed up. My belly was so sore I couldn't lay on it I couldn't lean against anything. I asked the RE about it and he said that was a good thing because it ment the medicine was working. I asked another RE about it and he said that was probably just part of the ovulation process. I was very anxious about having IUI this cycle but have hand none of those symptoms this time. I don't believe what you are experiencing is anything to get freaked out about. However, it is just miserable! Hang in there!

mindybr
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have never experinced anything like this it is getting better as the day goes on but hell if this is going to happen next month I am going to have to take time off of work...thanks for all the support...mindy

mindybr
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok girls this is what the doc said. That it sounds like I had a gas pocket in my intestines from an irritable bowel.from something irritating it...well I guess I will believe that but for 48 hrs....I still think it might have been O because of the 100mg of clomid....hoping that I don't have to find out next month...BFP would be wonderful... heres to all my cycle buddies and any one else that is pupo....heres bfp's for all of us...mindy

jannie
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    what is pupo?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast