FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Wanted iui cycle buddy 12/24

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    Princess123456
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Wanted iui cycle buddy 12/24

Hi! My Hubby and i just scheduled our first iui w/clomid. I'm looking for a cycle buddy. We had scheduled it for the week before christmas but the day after DH had talked to lady at his work about scheduling it she was fired. DH had to resort to talking to his managers to get the time off, which ended up being a blessing because they gave him off the days that i thought we would never get. They are Dec. 23,24, 25 and 26. These dates were good for two reasons they followed my natural cycle and also allowed us to be home for the holidays. We are so thrilled with the way things are working out. We bought DH an airplane ticket today because they are in such high demand and we were able to get one with Delta that wasn't badly priced . I'm driving to our hometown two days prior to his arrival so that we have a car, and that are furbaby tommy get's to go home aswell for the holidays. Well anyhow i know this year me and hubby are looking forward to Santa comming to our house. We are definitely asking Santa for a baby since the iui will occur on Christmas Eve.

Me and DH (23)
    ttc#1 5+years
    Hormonal imbalance, Ovulatory Dysfunction
    endometriosis
    borderline Sperm Quality
    immune response
    4cyc clomid all BFN
    HSG clear
    iui #1 12/24

2. Advertisement

lvjaybe
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, I wanted to welcome you to FT. Unfortunetly I am not currently in tx, so I cant be a cycle buddy, BUT I do want to wish you all the best!
    I am also happy to see that despite your age you are activly seeking tx. When I was 23 my Dr. basically told me that I was too young to have problems and must be doing "it" wrong!
    Whatever.....doctors, they think they know everything! LOL
    Anywho......I can really understand your situation, ours are similliar, although I don't have endo.
    I will say a few extra prayers for you and Dh this Christmas holiday, and ask Santa to bring you that BFP! Just to make sure all the bases are covered!
    Take care, and God bless!
    's to you,
    Jamie
    Me 29, DH 29 ttc #1 for 9 + yrs
    PCOS & IR, blkd tube, no ovul.....Dh slight low count
    many failed cycles 2 early m/c
    2 failed attempts at adoption
    "For I know the plans I have for you, to prosper you and not to cause you harm, to give you hope and future." Jerimah 29:11

zois2
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am going through my second clomid iui cycle this mont also. I am on 50mg clomid for cycle days 5-9 (ending on 12/6), will go in for u/s and bloodwork next Thursday (12/9), and if all goes well will tentatively have the hcg shot that night and do back to back iuis 12/10 and 12/11. Last cycle I took off from work and did nothing on those days. I think this drove me mad, (all i did was focus on the procedure and go crazy over the 2ww). This time I am trying not to change my routine, so that I won't become obsessive!!

Hopefully we will be going through this around the same time. I am 32 and my husband is 34, we have "unexplained infertility", and our next iui will involve injectibles (gonal f). Hoping not to go there....maybe we will both have a Christmas miracle!

Good luck to you!!

Zois

Princess123456
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the prayers Jamie. Hubby and i are so excited about having a chance. We have been praying for our miracle baby and now it's just a matter of time before we go down the right path. I am so happy that i am living in this age. Twenty years ago i don't think there was much anyone could have done to get treatment.
    Thanks again for your support!

Jessica
    (p.s) Getting treatment was very difficult because of my age but what has helped me alot is my thirst for knowledge. When I went to see my re for the first time he was very impressed with me and asked if i wanted a job. I have a background in Biology and Chemistry and premed. The best advice i can give to anyone my age is to have financial backing and to have a real grasp on taking control of your infertility. No one knows what path is right therefore you must pay close attention to what your problems are and the treatments available so that you choose the best one.

Princess123456
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Zois,
    It's so great to have you as a cycle buddy. I haven't started my December cycle yet so you will be going through things before me. I have heard from several people that the trigger shot is un-pleasant because it burns when it is given. I am a new to this and i would appreciate any information or words of wisdom that you might share from you previous experience. Thanks again for being my cycle buddy and I look forward to sharing my experiences and developing a friendship with you.
    Baby dust to you!

Jessica

Princess123456
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Zois

Hey! How are you doing?
    Keep me posted on how big your follies get on cd 14. I will be starting my December cycle on the 11th which is in 4 days. I hope af arrives on time. I'll be praying for you . Well talk to you later and baby wishes to you and everyone else on this board!

zois2
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jessica!!

Hoping your cycle started as expected today! Sorry for the delay in my reply...i've just been so busy getting ready for the holidays!

My update: I produce two follies this month I triggerred on the 10th and went in for my first iui today...second tomorrow.

The shot has been a breeze for me. I think it doesn't sting when i do it because i let the alcohol dry before i inject. My nurse let me practice with a sample syringe in her office on a little pad that is similar to a belly; i felt somewhat more confident with this having at least run through it with her. Don't worry...i think the hardest part is getting past the idea that you are sticking yourself with a needle, and then it ends up being surprisingly simple.

I hope to hear from you soon, and feel free to ask me any question that might come up for you...i am happy to help wherever i can!!

Tina

Princess123456
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Zois

Congratulations on producing the two follies! I'm so glad that everything is going so well. I hope that you get a big fat positive!
    BTW I had an interesting thing happen to me the other day. I was sitting in my car about to take dear hubby to the mall for some christmas gifts when i see this lady get inside of her beautiful car. I look up just before i try to crank the car up and i said "God if we are definitely going to be having a baby it's alright if you go ahead and get me to get a new car by causing this one not to work." Would you believe my car which worked less than 20 minutes ago did not crank up! I'm not really the type of person to go to church very often but hubby picked me up yesterday in a brand new Nissan Morano! I'm still a little bit in shock over the whole thing but anyhow if i end up pregnant this month me and hubby are definitely going to attend church often. What has also been kinda of interesting is that my iui will be taking place on December 24th! Which is just God maybe reassuring me in obvious ways that he is still here. May God Bless us with miracle babies!

BTW ...I started my cycle very early in the morning today so hopefully i can still get them to do the iui. I'm calling my RE office tomorrow just to be sure, if not i'll just reschedule for next month. I hope you and your hubby have a wonderful holiday and i look forward to your replies about my car . I guess i cursed it huh?Just kidding.

zois2
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jessica

Wow! I really cannot believe that story about your car...that is great! Congratulations!! I don't think you cursed anything...but like you that's exactly what i would think if it were me My best friend just bought that car a few months ago and she LOVES IT...i think you made a great choice!!

When will you know if you can still have the iui this month? I am going to pray extra hard for you to have unexpected good news from your re

I think no matter what, your first gut reaction, that God is reassuring you in His own way, is absolutely true.

Good Luck to You and Your Hubby!!

Have a wonderful holiday...

I'll be waiting to hear your news!

Tina

Princess123456
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Zois

Zois ,
    Hey how are you doing? Well i talked to my doctors nurse yesterday on the 15th and she called me back and said i was still good to go for the iui on the 24th. I was so thrilled with the news. I started taking clomid, babyasprin, and also prenate vitamins. I heard that if you eat alot of fruits during pregnancy that your child will be less likely to develope cancer in his/her life. So i have also been eating lots of fruit and health foods. I'm sooo excited about seeing my family i miss them so much! I really can't wait to show them my new Morano and tell them how i ended up with the car. I'm driving down on the 21st. I hope that your baby is on it it's way. I look forward to hearing how you are doing.

Jessica

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast