FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Fluid in uterine lining

Maet
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Fluid in uterine lining

Hi everyone - I've been lurking on the site on and off for a while and want to thank everyone for all that they've shared. It's been very helpful.
    I've been TTC for over two years. I've had one failed FET and two myomectomies to remove fibroids that were thought to have impeded conception (and were a terror to live with!). For over a year I've had fluid in my uterine lining, which my RE says will prevent implantation. I've consulted with other REs and my RE has tried a few different protocols to get rid of the fluid during FET cycles. These cycles were cancelled due to the fluid. The only explanation I've been given about the fluid is that it's due to inflammation in my body. I'm worried that I"m running out of options because everyone keeps suggesting I use a gestational carrier. I'm not comfortable with that...I don't even know if we can afford it. The last suggestion that my RE has is to try a FET cycle with Clomid. My acupuncturist suggests trying Femara instead.
    Has anyone experienced or heard of this type of persistent uterine fluid?
    Thank you for anything you can share!

2. Advertisement

weary
    is hopeful

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Have you done a hysterosalpingogram to check your fallopian tubes are clear? I had some fluid early on in my infertility journey and the hysterosalpingogram showed a hydrosalpinx (blocked tube). I went on to have a bilateral salpingectomy (ie. remove both tubes) due to severe endometriosis diagnosed on the tubes via a subsequent laparoscopy. Sounds pretty extreme I know. I was growing pretty old and had no time to wait so I did it prior to moving on to IVF. If I was younger and had this diagnosis I might have tried natural remedies to breakdown adhesions like serrapeptase etc.

There was one weird cycle after a miscarriage and D&C and hysteroscopy with more tissue removal my lining was poor. My regular RE was out and someone else prescribed high doses of estrace for a couple cycles - after that I started having a lot of fluid in my uterus. I could feel it too, fluid would leak down. Luckily another RE called in to checkout the fluid said my uterus was developing adenomyosis and inflammation and stopped the estrace thankfully and a cycle later all the fluid cleared up.

I've read of women clearing their tubal blockages and shrinking cysts and fibroids via a regimen of serrapeptase. I would maybe give it a shot. It's a slow thing though - this is assuming you have time to spend a couple months on this enzyme.
    ME 42 - Endometriosis stage iv
    DH 44 - no issues
    3 IUIs with Follistim all BFN
    2014 - lap#1 found endo lap#2 removed endo & tubes
    1/15 IVF #1 ER 12, 7E, TX 2 5d, no frosties, chemical
    3/15 IVF #2 ER 14, 8E, TX 3 3d, 2 frosties, BFP! DD born 12/2015
    2017 FET #1 BFP m/c at 8wk FET #2 BFN
    1/18 IVF #3 ER 12, 7E, TX 3 3d, no frosties BFN
    3/18 IVF #4 ER 10, 3E, TX 3 3d BFN
    6/18 IVF #5 ??

Maet
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi weary

Thanks for the tips and I'm happy to read that your fluid was cleared. I have had two HSGs, the second was a year ago. My tubes are clear. My RE did a natural monitored cycle with me where I still had the fluid.
    Best of luck with IVF #4!
    Mae

weary
    is hopeful

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Maet!

Not sure why the fluid if you're tubes are clean and a no-drug cycle still showed fluid... Do some searches here on this site and elsewhere maybe to see if other people complained about it and later figured it out. Hope either the clomid or femara works out.
    ME 42 - Endometriosis stage iv
    DH 44 - no issues
    3 IUIs with Follistim all BFN
    2014 - lap#1 found endo lap#2 removed endo & tubes
    1/15 IVF #1 ER 12, 7E, TX 2 5d, no frosties, chemical
    3/15 IVF #2 ER 14, 8E, TX 3 3d, 2 frosties, BFP! DD born 12/2015
    2017 FET #1 BFP m/c at 8wk FET #2 BFN
    1/18 IVF #3 ER 12, 7E, TX 3 3d, no frosties BFN
    3/18 IVF #4 ER 10, 3E, TX 3 3d BFN
    6/18 IVF #5 ??

Maet
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I saw a member on another site talk about her persistent fluid being from a c-section scar. I'm wondering if my fibroid surgery scar is causing the fluid. I'm surprised that no doctor has mentioned it though.

weary
    is hopeful

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Also I read on a site that after stretching of the uterus (perhaps by your fibroids?), if it doesn't contract to regular size could fill with fluid. Can't seem to find the link again. I think raspberry leaf tea and other herbal remedies are supposed to be for uterine health - not sure if they are worth a shot.

Romy69
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    From what I've read elsewhere, the tubes are often one of the biggest culprit in fluid in the uterine. The infection can lurk in the tubes for long and fluid is absorbed / disappears once tubes are removed.

Hope you find the cause soon.

Maet
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Romy. I'll ask my RE again about the possibly of infection in my tubes. I've started an IVF retrieval cycle and there was no fluid seen in yesterday's sonogram. Fingers crossed that continues!
    Likes weary liked this post