FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
PROLACTIN level SO LOW

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    florida2001
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

PROLACTIN level SO LOW

Hi, i stopped breastfeeding 4 months ago, my little one is 22 months now. We would like to have second baby, but I haven't had my period back. I had some blood tests done and the PROLACTIN came back SO LOW. Does anyone know how this could be related? My progesterone is also low. I have heard of high prolactin and difficulties to conceive, but LOW?

I just checked Prolactin and the result makes me wonder, what is going on?

Prolactin. 1.6L ng/ml normal range non pregnant 3.0-30
    post menopausal. 2.0-20

thank you

2. Advertisement

SC-Kelley M.
    has no status.
    Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi florida2001, I'm not a medical professional, so I cannot advice you on why your levels are low. Have you spoken with your OB/Gyn about this? If he/she is at a loss, you may want to consider a consultation with an REI (reproductive endocrinologist).