FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
In between IUI's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    km89
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

In between IUI's

I had my last IUI done in January, which didn't take. It was my 4th failed IUI. I decided to take some time off and work on loosing some weight to see if this might help. My doctor seems to think the weight loss will increase my chance of conceiving considerably. However she has also mentioned trying injections (Which I couldn't do until I lost weight.) I have lost 35lbs since January, but still need to lose another 15lbs if I wish to start injections. I know the hormone injections are expensive, so i am looking for some opinions before deciding how to proceed. Should I try one more IUI cycle without the injections since I have lost a significant amount of weight or should I just wait and move onto injections when I lose more weight?

That's a tough question. I guess I'd ask how much an IUI cycle costs and how important those 15 lbs really are...for instance, my husband's bmi shows him as overweight, but he's just stocky and muscular. If your doctor is going by a chart as says that you're 15 lbs overweight by you're maybe just muscular, then I'd go for the IUI cycle. If you really are 15 lbs...well, that's hard to say. 15 lbs isn't that much...especially if you're tall. Now, if you're 5'0'', it's a bigger deal...of course, here I am talking as if I'm a dr and I'm a lit professor, but I'm just giving you my naive opinion.

Congrats on losing so much weight in the first place! That's a real win! Let us know what you decide to do
    Last edited by BC-hoping to hatch; 07-13-2017 at 09:00 PM.

2. Advertisement