FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
On the same day retrieval of Sperm and Egg

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    preet2018
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

On the same day retrieval of Sperm and Egg

We are planning to have sperm and egg retrieval on the same day. My husband has MFI with zero sperm. As this is our first and hopefully, the only time we do the sperm retrieval for him. We will admitted in separate hospitals on the same day. As we will be sedated, surgery center needs someone to drive us back home. Is there a way out? We are not sharing this information other than to our parents in India. We are asking our parents to fly all the way to help us. This is making some delays in our plan to start IVF. Wondering if there is any other options?

Urologist have already said the sperm (if retrieved) only 50% will make through the thawing process. Therefore we are doing fresh cycles to use the sperm immediately. I wish I could retrieve the egg one day earlier or later. How did you guys manage same day Sperm and Egg Retrieval?

2. Advertisement

Patient-One
    LET THE JOURNEY CONTINUE!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    The first time we did what you are experiencing, we were in a house that had 5 couples going through the process so one of them drove us back to the house. The second time, I made friends while waiting in the waiting area with a couple and the wife picked us up. She picked me up first then we went and picked up my husband. Our family doesn't know we went through the process.

Best of luck.