FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Hypothalamic Amenorrhea (PREG, M/C, CHILDREN MENT'D)

LindsayAnn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dream said it in Facebook but it sooo deserves a second one here, CONGRATS a million gazillion times to the moon and back again!!!
    AF was MIA for years-LW 67pds April 2010, 5 ft tall. Got help, learned how to eat again, learned how to live. CW108, BMI 21.5. Clomid 50mg =nothing. Clomid 100mg, trigger shot ovulated- BFN. Clomid 100mg again, follicles growing to 14mm then regressed. Piggyback Clomid 150mg: CD12 US showed 17mm follie L Ovary 19mm follicle R ovary, lining at least 7.5! Trigger shot-currently 2ww!
    Likes Shayla19, DreamtobeMommy, alexa21 liked this post

2. Advertisement

rose81
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    dream--SO FREAKING FANTASTIC!!!! i'm thrilled for you.

lilmiss--i LOVE the idea of healing through positive thought. i have friends who successfully healed their back pain through that method. and, it echoes what i just read in this article: Paleo For Women | The HPA axis: Psychological Stress and Hypothalamic Amenorrhea here's the most interesting quote: "In one study, 88 percent of women with hypothalamic amenorrhea recovered menstruation with just 20 weeks of cognitive behavioral therapy." So yes, I'm cheering on my ovaries!!

toothdoc--i'm sorry to hear you've been so sick and losing weight! you will get it back up again, but it sounds like it will be difficult....some of my fave gluten-free treats are coconut macaroons! and apple crisp made with coconut oil in the topping. can you tell i like sweets? i would hold off on the clomid until you get at least back up to a bmi of 20....plus your body right now is probably just not in a good place for pregnancy to begin with. you want to be very healthy and with some pounds to spare, esp. in case you lose your appetite in the first tri!

nzgirl--congrats on the bmi!!!! that is great work.

malie--you too!!!

priscilla--love your attitude. your patience is admirable and i know it will be your turn very very soon.

yogi--so interesting that our body types are so similar! i really think it has to do with the yoga--it gave me such a strong core and legs--i remember when i first started doing the hot power yoga daily, my stomach actually started sticking out more from building up all those deep muscles underneath! july WILL be your month.

this board is one long wave of bfps if you ask me!!!
    Age: 31, DH: 38. Off BC since Jan 2012 and no AF. Lowest BMI 19.9 12/11, running 4-5 miles day, daily power yoga. Herbs and acup. didn't help. Stopped running 5/12, gained to 150, BMI 20.9. Clomid 100mg*5 days 5/21, good response but BFN. Gained to 155, BMI 21.6. Natural O and AF the 2 months following Clomid, 30 day cycles, O on cd 18. 3rd natural cycle after Clomid=BFP!

NZ Girl
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for AFM again today but iv just been so busy!! Rang the nurse today at REs office and she told me to start clomid tonight and then come in for a blood test on the 3rd! I don't know why they gave me the Provera if they didn't even want me to wait for a response. She even said my RE had written I should start clomid day after finishing Provera, that sounds wrong. Oh well I'm just excited to start. I'm planning on being in the 2ww in July, fingers crossed. I'm eating up to get my BF% as high as possible so I get enough estrogen to build me a nice lining. I'm prob being to optimistic that 50mg will help me O but it's my first go at meda so I have no failed cycles to make me cautious!

Rose - those articles are great I'm going to forward them for my mum to read as well!

Dream - I know iv said it before but I'm just so happy and excited for you!!!

Shayla - OPK is way more reliable then temps are!! You have made such amazing changes I just know you ovulated. I know you will get that BFP!!

Everyone else thinking of you and hopefully will have time for personals soon. But I'm reading along everyday and cheering!!! Love you beautiful ladies! X
    Me 29, DH 29. Started undereating in 2007 to BMI 16.4. Off BCP 2010 no AF. Diagnosed with HA 2011. TTC naturally for 2 years but no AF. Gained to BMI 22. 6/12 Provera success. Clomid 50mg. 7/12 BFP. Beta 17DPO 1387. Beta 20DPO 5145. Beta 24DPO 23357. It's twins!!!!! EDD 6 April 2013. Isabella and Molly born 6 March 2013.
    Likes Shayla19, DreamtobeMommy liked this post

Priscillak5
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Toothdoc- I have to agree with Blin and some of the other girls, I really think you should take a couple of months to focus on gaining weight before seeking treatment. I would recommend getting to a BMI of at least 21.5. I understand how hard it is, I have IBS, but I know you can do it!! I'd hate to see you go through unnecessary heartache b/c your body wasn't ready. Best wishes

Blin- Thank you so so much! It means so much to me and you are truly an inspiration for overcoming your ED Hope you're doing well and enjoying every second! ~xoxo

Sunshine- Yay for a temp increase!! I'm sure that last one was just a fluke

Tara- lol, it'd be a funny sight to see me do cartwheels Thank you for your kind words...means so much to have this kind of support!

Shayla- Your chart looks good to me and even though you haven't had your spike yet, at least your temps are still going up! This last time mine were a little slow to rise too...I wouldn't worry and bet it'll jump up within the next day or two

Lilmiss- Thank you and yes, I sure have been at this for what seems like ages!! I have faith that everything happens for a reason and even though I've wanted a baby for so very long, I know that I'm in the perfect place to finally start my family I really enjoy the circle+bloom cd's...if nothing else, I've noticed that I'm sleeping better and more aware of what's going on during each day of my cycle! Yay for hot flashes and CM

NZ- Wishing you good luck on your first round of Clomid! Hope it's your last
    Me:31 DH:32~TTC Jan'06-no AF. Jan'07-no AF, 3 cycles of inj-2 Overstim/Cancelled-1 TI/BFN. Jun'08-Estro/Prog, w/d bleed no O. Tried natural supps on/off for yrs but nothing worked. Oct'11-Mar'12 Prog, w/d bleed no O. April'12-Found board & gained from 118 to 138 (lowest 106-'07) and decreased exercise. 1st Natural AF 5/25, BFP 6/29, M/C 7/17, AF 8/24, AF 10/6, AF 12/10, BFP 2/7, DS born 10/25 <3
    Likes Shayla19 liked this post

jupiterstar
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rose81 View Post
    lilmiss--i LOVE the idea of healing through positive thought. i have friends who successfully healed their back pain through that method. and, it echoes what i just read in this article: Paleo For Women | The HPA axis: Psychological Stress and Hypothalamic Amenorrhea here's the most interesting quote: "In one study, 88 percent of women with hypothalamic amenorrhea recovered menstruation with just 20 weeks of cognitive behavioral therapy." So yes, I'm cheering on my ovaries!!

Wow. Rose, thanks for posting that link! I just read it and it totally confirms what I've been thinking for the past week or so. It's not enough for me to just stop running and gain weight, I have to be OK with it! As it, not stressed out about it! I have to stop trying to be perfect. The one part in the article where it mentions a study between "normal" women and women with HA - the women with HA were "both highly perfectionistic and sociotrophic..." and sociotrophic is defined as "a high need for social approval." That is TOTALLY me. Sadly. I care too much about what other people think!

Anyway, it just reaffirms my theory that the reason I haven't gotten my cycle back is the stress factor. For the past couple days I've REALLY been working on that. Anytime I catch my self getting all worked up over the littlest thing (and I freak out about EVERYTHING, or at least I used to) I stop myself. Like, today I COULD have been upset because I could barely fit into a pair of capris that I haven't worn in while. But I dealt with it well. Now I'm back in my lounging-around-the-house shorts that are still way too big for me anyway (but very comfy!) Can't really wear them out though. I guess I need to go shopping!

Priscilla - Thanks for sharing your story. Wow, so not so long ago you thought you'd never be a mom, but look at you now...you are SO close! That is amazing!

Toothdoc - I'm glad you enjoyed your trip! I'm a bit jealous, I haven't done much traveling and I've always wanted to. You have some awesome pictures and memories, no doubt, that you'll be able to share with your future children I hope you can get your digestive issues figured out. Like others have mentioned, maybe a nutritionist would help? And now that you're back at home maybe it will be easier to gain, because you can control what you eat. While away from home it's hard to do, and it must be near impossible when you have to avoid certain things. I hope it gets better for you!

Lilmiss - I don't think you're crazy for cheering on your ovaries! I'm willing to try anything at this point (especially if its free!) and if it puts you in the right mindset, it certainly can't hurt!
    34 y/o. History of weight loss (60 pounds) after going off Paxil, lowest BMI 20.5, current BMI~24. No AF and no response to Provera. Femara 5 mg 7/12 - no response. Menopur injections 9/12, cycle canceled due to DH's illness; Menopur cycle #2 11/12 - overstim! Menopur cycle #3 12/12: one big follie+trigger, IUI on 12/27, BFP! DD 9/19/13
    perpetuallyfollicular.wordpress.com
    Likes rose81, NZ Girl liked this post

Andie702
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Carly – I’m not leaving the vets board until you make it there. Deal? Same with you, Shayla and Chrissy.

Middletara – No kidding that it doesn’t take long to get out of running shape. Glad you are giving your body some much needed rest.

NZ Girl – Good luck with Clomid and hope it works for you!
    Me=30; DH=31. Off BCP Aug '11 and no AF, 5'5" and 110 lb; ran 3x per week. Failed provera challenge in Nov. Stopped running 12/28 and started eating more fats. Cycle #1: 100 mg Clomid, BFN. #2: 50 mg = nothing, followed by 100 mg and BFN. #3: 5 mg Femara and BFP on 6/15/12 after 13 lb weight gain. U/S shows triplets?! Identicals demised at 10 weeks. EDD for singleton 2/19/13.
    Likes chrissycoff, Shayla19, NZ Girl liked this post

Yoginni
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shayla – So sorry to hear you feeling down Don’t count yourself out though! Best of luck at your appoint Wednesday. As lawgirl said, I too think it’s rare to have a positive opk without O’ing

LilMiss – I think there is such a grey area between PCOS and HA which is why docs often say that PCOS may be masked by HA. I’m not really sure they fully know. As for your work, I could see how that would make it hard to take your mind off all this! But maybe it’s a sign too Btw, I 100% agree with what you said about being positive and knowing you will get better no matter the aliment. Look at cancer patients, often those who maintain a positive attitude end up doing better and over all feel better. It’s about doing what you think will help you and more so, makes you feel good, so if telling your ovaries daily they will work does that… keep at it! I use to talk to my ovaries daily too.. asking them to wake up. I realize how I probably should have had that conversation with my hypothalamus too! I plan to cheer on both when I start the pump. I do it via meditation. About the pump while bmsing, ya... should be interesting to say the least lol!

Meg – I know therapists LOVE when you join a support group so I can only imagine she’d be so thrilled to hear how much you’ve connected with all of us. I too think the before/after pics was such an awesome idea, Chrissy is so smart! I won’t be doing an IUI this cycle unless my RE feels it would be the best option. As for now, he thinks we’d be fine doing timed bmsing with the pump still on! As Lilmiss said, should make for some interesting blog posts! Lol

Priscilla – Great job on hitting 22 and continuing to gain! Al
    so, awesome prog results! So happy to hear you regained the hope of being a mom. It WILL happen for you and I’m feeling like it may happen sooner than you think!

Tooth – Welcome back! So sorry to hear you’ve been sick... that isn’t fun! I’m sure you know this, but there are a lot of great gluten free options available for pasta, pizza dough (to make your own), cookies, and other desserts. I know crohn's isn’t just about gluten which is why as I’ve said before I really think working with a dietitian or nutritionist would really help. Based on the experiences of girls in the past with BMIs that low, the likelihood of responding to clomid isn’t great, so it might be in your best interest to focus more on getting your weight up first, then try clomid. But that’s just my opinion. Hoping your body will finally let you keep on some weight I can’t imagine how frustrating that feels.

Sunshine – That’s great you’ll be moving to where your bf lives. I also agree that moving out of your parents place should help with your stress levels! Since I know your mom has given you a hard time about the weight gain, I think you may see your cycles start to become more regular now since your stress levels will be that much lower.

Rose – I’m sure yoga has something to do with it Thanks for your support… I’m so hoping your right about July! How’ve you been doing? Still working on gaining? Btw, great article about the connection of stress and HA.

NZGirl – Hoping you do join the 2ww in July! Awesome that you working to get your BF up!
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend ladies! Who’s up next for testing?
    Was told I had PCOS since no AF for more than 1yr, was put on BCP in 2009 since I wasn't TTC, went off in Jan/11,no AF. TTC since Feb/11. Saw RE in early Sept/11, Dx w/ HA. BMI is 22.5 (as of May/12). Limited cardio-only walking & yoga. Aug 6 (BFP = Chemical P) Next steps: Give my body moer time and revisit treatment later in the yr

stefy
    is praying for a miracle:)
    Post Thanks / Like
    POSITIVE OPK!!!!!!!!!!!!

So we BMS friday and thursday and plan on BMSing when I get home at 8. Should that be good enough. Or should I say im sick and leave work hahaha. just playing
    Over exercising and under eating in 2006 after a mc
    DX of HA may 2010. weight 109, BMI 18 exercise 6 days a week ran 20 + miles, 1.5 hours of weights .
    140lbs.Clomid x3, O x3, BFP in feb with twins mc in April @ 9.5 weeks. 5/15 first natural AF in 11 years! 2nd natural AF june 10th!! June 100mg of clomid BFP/ectopic...IVF 10/12 BFN
    IVF 12/12:BFN
    Jan BFP EDD 10/10/13
    Likes chrissycoff, Shayla19, DreamtobeMommy liked this post

Yoginni
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    stefy - Woohoo! You know what you need to do now!
    Was told I had PCOS since no AF for more than 1yr, was put on BCP in 2009 since I wasn't TTC, went off in Jan/11,no AF. TTC since Feb/11. Saw RE in early Sept/11, Dx w/ HA. BMI is 22.5 (as of May/12). Limited cardio-only walking & yoga. Aug 6 (BFP = Chemical P) Next steps: Give my body moer time and revisit treatment later in the yr

BC-fitty
    is thankful
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stef, Excellent! So happy.......your sacrifice is indeed paying off.

Rose, Thanks so much for the "PaleoforWomen" articles. They are spot on! Usually paleo are super strict. I love the writers ability to escape the "all or nothing" mentality especially for those trying to conceive.

Yog, I am with you on not doing IUI espcially if your insurance doesn't cover. My RE pushed us to use IUI but we refused saving ourselves who knows. Besides at the time I still had a low BMI. Looking forward to reading more blog posts.

Meg, How we feeling?

Dexy, Back update?

Jupiter, Gosh we can all so relate to the "highly perfectionistic and sociotrophic" gene. LOL I always thought of those qualities as an asset in my life because that was the drive to get things done right and now!!!! Whoo.......time to chill. Right?

Pris, How are you holding out?

Shayla, glad you were able to rescheduled. Didn't you get a smiley OPK or were you basing your O off of temps? I bet you O'd.

Okay I can't possibly list all our lovely names and thinking of you. Running out the door and wanted to tell you all to have a wonderful day!
    My story:https://www.fertilethoughts.com/foru...entd-5897.html
    47YO Recovered from HA 2009 at 39YO after 12 years of no period!!! Before recovery, tried clomid, vivelle est., progesterone and everything else other than reducing training and gaining weight.
    Co-author of "No Period. Now What?" http://www.noperiodnowwhat.com

Page 5595 of 7513 FirstFirst ... 45955095549555455585558655875588558955905591559255935594559555965597559855995600560156025603560456055645569560956595 ... LastLast