FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Can you help me decide what to plant in

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    CdnMom
    has no status.
    it's yours to discover it's your.........
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Can you help me decide what to plant in

my garden that only gets a bit of morning sun then it's primarily shade.

We want to put some Hostas in (easy one for me to figure out) but I want to add more....

Our garden is 3 feet wide directly in front of the house by about 8 feet then it goes down in a patter about 8 more feet

I have read the Bleeding hearts are good perenials any other suggestions?
    Forgot to mention I am not a big gardener so plants that require low maintaining would be perfect me/us!
    Michelle -- Momma to my A-Team
    Ashleigh 9 years old In a blink of an eye, my girl is growing up way too fast! Grade 4 here she comes ♥
    Aidan 5 years old old with a passion for movies & Severe Reflux starting Senior Kindergarten in Sept 2010♥
    6 m/c's and finally
    Our family is complete

2. Advertisement

katrack
    has no status.
    Decorating/Gardening/Mormon Boards
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Busy
    Coleus is another shade plant. I strongly recommend going to the nursery and looking to see what shade perennials are available. The reason I say that is because I misjudged how much sun I get in the front of my house and put in the wrong kind of shade/sun plants. They have not done well and need to be moved. Nurseries usually will have the kinds of plants that do well in your area and that gives you a better chance of success.
    dd (10), dd & dd (12), ds (22), dd (24) + dgs (5 & 2), ds (27)

Our words reveal our refinements; they tell the discerning listener of the company we have kept; they are the hallmarks of education and culture. - Dale Carnegie