FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Finally....

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator for Surrogacy BB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Finally....

I got some of my seedlings planted in the ground. I have been so depressed I haven't enjoyed the things I normally enjoy like gardening. I got some carrot seedlings in a front bed and watered them. I hope they weren't too small. Just dont' have much interest in putting the other seedlings in my bed. The bed got overun by grass. We do have a cabbage plant from a science project that is growing in a pot and it's doing well. I wish the black cloud over me lifts soon.....
    MAV Mom to

B (17)
    A (12)

(4/99) (4/05)

2. Advertisement

katrack
    has no status.
    Decorating/Gardening/Mormon Boards
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Busy
    Nothing like a few seeds planted and soon a little green coming up to give you hope. Prayers being sent your way, my friend.
    dd (10), dd & dd (12), ds (22), dd (24) + dgs (5 & 2), ds (27)

Our words reveal our refinements; they tell the discerning listener of the company we have kept; they are the hallmarks of education and culture. - Dale Carnegie

3boys2luv
    is melting!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Raising children is like being pecked to death by chickens.

BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I planted 3 tomatoe seedlings and 3 cucumber seedlings in the front bed that gets watered all the time by the automatic sprinkler. So that's gonna be my garden. It's not in it's usual spot because it got overrun by grass but at least the veggies are in beds with automatic sprinklers. The front bed also hasa fennel, basil, mint, and dill.
    MAV Mom to

B (17)
    A (12)

(4/99) (4/05)

katrack
    has no status.
    Decorating/Gardening/Mormon Boards
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Busy
    MAV--watch out with that automatic watering. I had one pear tomato in such a bed one year and it grew to be HUGE--spread all over the place--but didn't have many tomatoes. The excess water fed the plant and leaf growth at the expense of the tomatoes. If the automatic watering is a rather low amount, you should be fine though. Make sure it gets lots of sunshine, especially afternoon sun. I'm really envious of your warm weather. My tomatoes and cukes are still surrounded with my Wall o Water units to keep them warm at night. So far so good though--no frozen plants.
    dd (10), dd & dd (12), ds (22), dd (24) + dgs (5 & 2), ds (27)

Our words reveal our refinements; they tell the discerning listener of the company we have kept; they are the hallmarks of education and culture. - Dale Carnegie

BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The bed with the tomatoes and cucumbers does get afternoon sun. I don't know how much watering it gets with the automatic sprinkler. WE'll see. They are just maybe 2 inch high seedlings so very small.
    MAV Mom to

B (17)
    A (12)

(4/99) (4/05)