FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
My garden "plot" so far--LOL

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    katrack
    has no status.
    Decorating/Gardening/Mormon Boards
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Busy

My garden "plot" so far--LOL

These pictures were taken a few days ago, but there is still nothing showing! We planted the seeds 12.5 days ago. I took the second picture so you could also see the snow we got. I hope the reservoirs are filling up and will continue, because I'm tired of snow! I need something good to come of all this hassle and inconvenience.

The sticks are toothpicks and the red on each one is the name of the seed written with a fine permanent red marker.
    Last edited by katrack; 05-09-2009 at 04:13 PM.
    dd (10), dd & dd (12), ds (22), dd (24) + dgs (5 & 2), ds (27)

Our words reveal our refinements; they tell the discerning listener of the company we have kept; they are the hallmarks of education and culture. - Dale Carnegie

2. Advertisement

BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator for Surrogacy BB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    How in the world did you write on a toothpick????? I bought some peat startesr (72) and I had to put them in the shed overnight because it was too cold. They are in the sun now. It is much milder than your weather. I put lettuce, carrots, green beans, tomatoe, and spinach? I can't remember becuase younger DS was flinging the packets around while running with the empty gas can from the shed!!!!!!
    MAV Mom to

B (17)
    A (12)

(4/99) (4/05)

sharianni32
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mav and Katrack,

I put my peat starters up in my front room next to the window. Like you, Mav, we have mild weather. Should I move them outside? The temps during the day are in the 60s and at night in the upper 30s and 40s.

Katrack: Good luck with all your hard work!
    Sharon
    our little "June Bug" born 6-22-06

Adrienne
    has status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic
    You inspire me to get going this weekend--esp since I can get things in the ground around here soon!

Adrienne

beautiful boy

BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator for Surrogacy BB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    So Katrack you have onoly 25 starter seeds? I got a pack of 72. Are you going to do more starter seeds once those have sprouted and can be planted?
    MAV Mom to

B (17)
    A (12)

(4/99) (4/05)

katrack
    has no status.
    Decorating/Gardening/Mormon Boards
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Busy
    I have another set with 25 cells and I'll use that to start the bigger seeds like cukes and squash. I did realize I don't have nearly enough Wall O Waters if I plant 50 plants. I have only about 25 of them and they're kind of expensive so I don't really want to buy more this year. However, without them, I can't set my plants out before the middle of May and then I run in to the problem of harvesting about the time the first frost hits in September or early October. What to do . . . what to do . . . .

sharianni32, if you'll definitely remember to bring them in at night, I'd start putting them outside in a sheltered area once the leaves are out. When it warms up here I'll do that as well.

MAV, I have those toothpicks that are round and pointed at the end, but square/flat in the middle. I just wrote really, really small! I noticed a couple of days ago that the writing ran a little on some of the toothpicks and some of the plants might be mystery plants now!
    dd (10), dd & dd (12), ds (22), dd (24) + dgs (5 & 2), ds (27)

Our words reveal our refinements; they tell the discerning listener of the company we have kept; they are the hallmarks of education and culture. - Dale Carnegie