FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Uses For Dollar Store Shower Curtains

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    katrack
    has no status.
    Decorating/Gardening/Mormon Boards
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Busy

Uses For Dollar Store Shower Curtains

From http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf12043810.tip.html

Many Uses For Dollar Store Shower Curtains

I do many painting and craft projects, both inside and outside. Each spring, I pick up 5 or 6 plastic shower curtains from the dollar store. You wouldn't believe how many uses I've found for them. They even come in clear, to cover drafty windows in the winter!

I lined my propagation boxes with pieces of them then poked holes for the drainage. I also use the colorful ones for table cloths in my craft/sewing room! They work great when painting cupboards or other painting projects, because they are much stronger than "regular" plastic sheeting. I bought an Olive Green one to cover my lawn mower with. They're small, but make great make-shift tarps too.

Keep one in your car for a sturdy emergency "Poncho": simply cut a hole for your head in the center! They can be cut smaller for easy-clean curtains: hang them with the holes already punched or punch your own with a paper punch from the Dollar Store. When painting lattice last summer, I put one of these under my work. Use them and string to cover lawn furniture! And when camping, these plastic shower curtains are great to put under your sleeping bags and tents to keep the dew and bugs away! Don't throw them away after use. Just fold them up and keep them in a plastic bag, because you can use them over and over, or cut smaller pieces for other uses.

These ARE plastic... so keep them away from young children!

By Cyinda from near Seattle
    I love her ideas. My favorite is the idea of using a clear one to cover drafty windows. We have old single-pane windows in our house that are practically like sieves. It would really help having them covered.
    dd (10), dd & dd (12), ds (22), dd (24) + dgs (5 & 2), ds (27)

Our words reveal our refinements; they tell the discerning listener of the company we have kept; they are the hallmarks of education and culture. - Dale Carnegie

2. Advertisement

3boys2luv
    is melting!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    You could also use it when you are potting/repotting plants in the house to catch the mess. Says the woman who was sweeping up dirt from her kitchen floor yesterday after potting several amaryllis plants.
    Raising children is like being pecked to death by chickens.

Loopy Lou
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    hey great ideas!!

how about using some platic piping to make an arch and using a clear one tied over it to make a makeshift cloch for bringing on veggies in the garden!
    Lou , Married my soulmate 19 Aug 00

DD & DS - Megan & Gregor (6 Feb 6)

katrack
    has no status.
    Decorating/Gardening/Mormon Boards
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by Loopy Lou
    hey great ideas!!

how about using some platic piping to make an arch and using a clear one tied over it to make a makeshift cloch for bringing on veggies in the garden!
    Oooh! You mean make a kind of cold frame for starting plants or do you mean to cover growing plants to keep them warm after they are in the ground?
    dd (10), dd & dd (12), ds (22), dd (24) + dgs (5 & 2), ds (27)

Our words reveal our refinements; they tell the discerning listener of the company we have kept; they are the hallmarks of education and culture. - Dale Carnegie

Loopy Lou
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BC-katrack
    Oooh! You mean make a kind of cold frame for starting plants or do you mean to cover growing plants to keep them warm after they are in the ground?
    Both!!! I bet it would be cheaper than buying a cloche/propogator
    Lou , Married my soulmate 19 Aug 00

DD & DS - Megan & Gregor (6 Feb 6)