FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
The small corn stalks are wilting.... WWYD?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator for Surrogacy BB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The small corn stalks are wilting.... WWYD?

There are a few small ears of corn with the husk and the silk but the stalks are not that tall and they are sort of falling over so the corn is getting ants and bugs in them. Should I harvest now and DS could bring the cobs in for share day on Wednesday? I don't even know if they will be edible... maybe except for the school turtle or rabbit.... if they even eat corn-LOL!
    MAV Mom to

B (17)
    A (12)

(4/99) (4/05)

2. Advertisement

katrack
    has no status.
    Decorating/Gardening/Mormon Boards
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Busy
    I always think of corn stalks as having ants crawling on them! If you think the corn will grow some more, leave it alone and see what happens. However, if you think this is probably it, then why not harvest them and let ds have the fun of showing it off?
    dd (10), dd & dd (12), ds (22), dd (24) + dgs (5 & 2), ds (27)

Our words reveal our refinements; they tell the discerning listener of the company we have kept; they are the hallmarks of education and culture. - Dale Carnegie

BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator for Surrogacy BB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yea, I think this is it. They stalks are thin and we have had lots of rain lately and a TON of rain yesterday.... 9 inches yesterday in just 8 hours. The stalks are falling over so the cobs are touching the ground and getting ants and little rotten spots on them. We harvested a few and left a few since a few stalks were sturdier.

DS wants to bring some high tech thing for share day. Some little girl shared her Dad's phone that shows movies so I guess he is wanted to share something similar. I reminded him that the theme for this week or month is nutritiion and wouldn't it be neat to show some corn that he grew himself. But he didn't buy it-LOL!
    MAV Mom to

B (17)
    A (12)

(4/99) (4/05)