FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Veggie Garden has go to GO!!!!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator for Surrogacy BB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Veggie Garden has go to GO!!!!

Oh... the buckmoth caterpillars are gonna descen upon us so we have to spray our oak tree over the treehouse climber thing. Those caterpillars sting like He--!!! So the veggie garden is right by and we have to move it or harvest it up. Also the fence is falling down so we have to do work there and that work alone would destroy the garden. I don't have a space nearby that is sunny to tranplant. Not sure that would even work at this stage. We have some young lettuce and spinach, some strawberries, and the carrot plants are very slow growing. The radishes have been big and could be all pulled up now. WWYD?
    MAV Mom to

B (17)
    A (12)

(4/99) (4/05)

2. Advertisement

katrack
    has no status.
    Decorating/Gardening/Mormon Boards
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Busy
    I'd cover the plants with a big sheet of plastic to keep the poison off them and I'd work on the fence some other time! Gardens are sacred at my place.
    dd (10), dd & dd (12), ds (22), dd (24) + dgs (5 & 2), ds (27)

Our words reveal our refinements; they tell the discerning listener of the company we have kept; they are the hallmarks of education and culture. - Dale Carnegie

BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We have been waiting for MONTHS to have the fence done. It literally is large river boards from a long time ago that were the "back" of a shed and the fence is leaning. We have to get that fixed and we have to spray. Gardens are sacred but so is the kids play....... We still have the butterfly garden out front and the tropical paradise that the pool people are working around!!!
    MAV Mom to

B (17)
    A (12)

(4/99) (4/05)

katrack
    has no status.
    Decorating/Gardening/Mormon Boards
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Busy
    I don't get to have a garden this year so I was living vicariously through YOU!
    dd (10), dd & dd (12), ds (22), dd (24) + dgs (5 & 2), ds (27)

Our words reveal our refinements; they tell the discerning listener of the company we have kept; they are the hallmarks of education and culture. - Dale Carnegie

BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Oh, really? I didn't know that!!

Well you will be PLEASED to know we harvested about 30 huge radishes, tons of curly and soft lettuce, a few sprigs of young spinach and several bunches of shallots. The carrot plants are very young and the strawberry plants are very mature so I may try to find a spot to transplant the strawberries and carrots. I just don't know though... Our house is over 100 years old and now some "worry" Mom has got me worried about lead in the soil. The veggie garden was in a raised bed with new dirt so if I transplanted I would have to do a raised bed and new dirt and I am running out of space!!! Maybe containers???? When I figure out how to download pictures from my new camera I will try to post one of DS and his "harvest". He was very busy bike riding in the yard and scootering so he has his helmut on with the cart of veggies!!!
    MAV Mom to

B (17)
    A (12)

(4/99) (4/05)