FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Cats pooping in my garden!!!!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Athena
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Breezy

Cats pooping in my garden!!!!

What do I do????

2. Advertisement

BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator for Surrogacy BB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    BEEN THERE!!!! Clean the poop out right away. Do not use mothbolls because they stink!!! Do not use mulch or broken pine needles. That is like "preparing" a kitty litter box for them-LOL! Orange peels do not work. Lime does dissolve waste if it's under your house but that's all. Scat way spray does not work.

I used some HUGE crunchy sycamore leaves in the whole garden bed and the cats do NOT like the crunchiness. You can also put large rocks or pebbles because they will not like that either. Also you can screen the bottom of your house if it is raised and that will keep away cats from under the house. Perhaps put some dog poop in your bed.... maybe cats don't like dog poop? As a last resort if your neighbor's cats are doing their business in your flower bed or someone's cat is doing their stuff in your bed get a trap and put it in your yard. You can trap unwanted wandering strays and the SPCA will pick them up.

Now if it's your OWN cats that are doing this then I have no advice except to keep them inside.
    MAV Mom to

B (17)
    A (12)

(4/99) (4/05)

Athena
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by BC-MAV

Now if it's your OWN cats that are doing this then I have no advice except to keep them inside.
    They aren't ours! We have a 6 foot privacy fence and the darn cats are climbing it with the help of a neighbors tree.

BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You know what a few days after you posted this guess what I have in my VEGGIE garden? CAT POOP!!! I have seen the little rascal... a black cat... and he/she thinks I have made these hills and valleys and mulch for her LITTER BOX!!! I stepped in it and my shoes STINK!! I am going to the Barber Laboratories and buying an animal trap. Our SPCA was flooded out and BEFORE the storm they only had 2 FREE animal traps for the whole city's use. I think an animal trap costs about $40. The cat has no collar or tags and our 14 year old blind 6 lb dog doesn't know the cat's there. Otherwise I would have the dog chase her away!!!!
    MAV Mom to

B (17)
    A (12)

(4/99) (4/05)

3boys2luv
    is melting!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Orange peels worked for us, you just have to put new ones out there when the first ones start to shrivel up (because they won't smell any longer). Well, that, and I called and had them trapped and taken to the pound!
    Raising children is like being pecked to death by chickens.

BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Tried orange peels, moth balls, etc... None of it works!!! You gotta trap the cat!
    MAV Mom to

B (17)
    A (12)

(4/99) (4/05)