FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
The pecan tree is losing limbs and leaves...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator for Surrogacy BB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The pecan tree is losing limbs and leaves...

It was this way when we bought the house in February or March... now it's December. I dont' know what the stages are but I am SERIOUSLY thinking of writing a letter telling the owner that the tree is dropping 2 foot branches into our pool and I'm afraid it will damage our Solaris... pool cleaner... or the pool.... or the $3K safety fence (previous owners bought it)... or that the tree might damage the cabana or yard fence. Think they'd care? How would I write a letter? Anyone want to help?
    MAV Mom to

B (17)
    A (12)

(4/99) (4/05)

2. Advertisement

3boys2luv
    is melting!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    I thought you did that a while back?
    Raising children is like being pecked to death by chickens.

BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    No, I was too chicken and the limbs started getting green leaves so I thought it was ok.
    MAV Mom to

B (17)
    A (12)

(4/99) (4/05)

3boys2luv
    is melting!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    OK, I'm not big on beating around the bush. Are you wanting to trim it or do you want them to trim it and pay for it? I *think* (and could certainly be wrong) that you have the right to trim what hangs over onto your property. So I'd just let them know that their tree is dropping limbs onto your property and into your pool and you have equipment out there that could be broken. Then just say that you want to trim the limbs on your side but wanted to ask and make sure they weren't having the tree removed or anything first, since it appears to be dying.

They probably aren't going to care if you or your DH get out there with a telescoping limb saw and trim them. I've trimmed the trees of several neighbors all over the country and just talked to them face to face - noone has cared yet.
    Raising children is like being pecked to death by chickens.

BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The tree isn't even hanging over our property. It is Sooo tall and huge. It's just "gnarly" looking and limbs grew were old limbs died and it's an awful shape... just not good condition. Everyone from the plumber to the gardeners have said so. So we can't cut any limbs. It would be more of a "Your tree is a liability so you really should cut it unless you want a limb falling on our pool, cabana, etc.. and damaging it"
    MAV Mom to

B (17)
    A (12)

(4/99) (4/05)