FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
millenium plant?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator for Surrogacy BB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

millenium plant?

I think this is the name. It blooms very rarely and looks like a cactus type desserty plant. I like them and we have 3 of them but I want to transplant. Anyone know if this is possable?
    MAV Mom to

B (17)
    A (12)

(4/99) (4/05)

2. Advertisement

BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Landscape guy told me it's called a Yucca plant. They are not very pretty.
    MAV Mom to

B (17)
    A (12)

(4/99) (4/05)

katrack
    has no status.
    Decorating/Gardening/Mormon Boards
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Busy
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT a minute!!!! You are talking about my state flower!!!

From http://www.50states.com/flower/newmexico.htm :

New Mexico State Flower
    Yucca flower
    Yucca glauca

The yucca was adopted as the State Flower on March 14, 1927. The yucca is a member of the lily family and a symbol of sturdiness as well as beauty. In the early summer, pale ivory flowers bloom at the tips of its long, fibrous stalks. At the base of the plant are broad, sharpedged leaves that look like stilettos. The yucca sometimes grows to the height of a small tree.
    dd (10), dd & dd (12), ds (22), dd (24) + dgs (5 & 2), ds (27)

Our words reveal our refinements; they tell the discerning listener of the company we have kept; they are the hallmarks of education and culture. - Dale Carnegie

BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Well that's what the guy said it was.... a yucca. They are kind of desserty looking and sharp leaves. The bloom was GORGEOUS and lasted for several weeks? But they are prickly leaves. I might move them to the tropical part of our garden where the palms and bamboo are. Those blooms don't do the yucca justice!!! They are like a talll stalk of blooms upwards from the plant. They smell nice too.

We just have a hodge podge of stuff that doesn't go together in our driveway... unkempt crepe murdle, the 3 yucca plants, 4 twiggy cherry laurel trees, and some massive ginger that takes over half the driveway. We don't want the cherry laurel as the berries get blue during a certain part of the year and that leaves blue bird poop on your car. The yucca is different but prickly so I dnon't want that where we get out of the car. The crepe murdle is pretty and that's at the end of the driveway so I want that to stay.
    MAV Mom to

B (17)
    A (12)

(4/99) (4/05)