FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
herb garden

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    TeppieG
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

herb garden

Hello!

I bought my DH an Itailian Herb garden and strawberry planter for his birthday. I am very fortunate that he LOVES to cook

We have never had an herb garden. I am curious. Is now a good time for us to start growing the seeds inside? When should we transfer them to the planter and put outside?

Thanks!!
    Stephanie 31 ( LPD, Irregular cycles), DH 30 (No Motility)
    Ethan and Ella born 10-17-06 32
    Born 32w5d after 12 weeks of bedrest in the hospital
    Matthew born 10-05-08 FULL TERM!

2. Advertisement

carold
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your local extension service is a great resource to use--and I believe that they all have websites. They usually have info on what plants grow well in your area, and a month by month chart of what can be planted out doors.

I have never started herbs from seeds, I buy the plants inexpensively. Since most herbs, except Basil, are perennials, buying the plants is not a big investment.