FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Do you buy perrenial plants from catalogs?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    LisaN
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused

Do you buy perrenial plants from catalogs?

I bought some for the first time last year. I liked that they were less expensive than a garden center but I'm impatient and don't like waiting for my flowers!! Hopefully I'll get to see them this year

Just curious if people like to buy from catalogs and which companies tend to have great plants. Last year I ordered from High Country Gardens, Spring Hill and Burpee. I had the most problems with the Burpee plants.

Thanks!
    Lisa

"Is uniformity of opinion desirable? No more than of face and stature." Thomas Jefferson

2. Advertisement

3boys2luv
    is melting!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Gosh, I can't remember where I ordered them, but I ordered some bulbs for a friend's grave a few years ago from a catalog when her parents gave us permission to plant there. They came up within a few weeks of planting and were gorgeous.

My Mom got some berry bushes as gifts a few years ago from Burpee and they were lousy, too. They replaced them twice then ended up giving her a igft certificate ting towards other plants to replace them because they kept arriving dead.

I'm not as good with flowers as I am with food plants, but I'm working on it!
    Raising children is like being pecked to death by chickens.

Elizabeth2
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never have any luck with Spring Hill. or Jackson & Perkins for that matter. I have drooled for YEARS over the White Hill Farm and Bluestone Perennials catalogues. I think this year I'm actually going to buy from them, rather than just look.
    Elizabeth
    Mom to Drew and Saffie
    b 8/28/01

dr j
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I did a huge order from Bluestone last year.... in fact a whole garden- about 90 plants and they did fabulously!!

I will order more from them this year.

I have only ever ordered seeds from Burpee.

I haven't ordered from White HIll - I may but Bluestone is semi- local and would rather support them.

I have spring fever!!!
    Dr j
    4 IVFs and 6 FETs -6 pregnancies, lots of drama.
    AS, AJ and AA Born/Died 3/2000
    MJ born 5/10/01
    HT born 4/14/04 surviving twin.

God is great, beer is good and People are crazy.

Elizabeth2
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, so you may or may not know that I'm into feng shui. After typing this yesterday (drooling over White Flower Farm) and decluttering the money corner of our house, do you not know that a $75 gift certificate showed up in my mail from White Flower Farm today???? WHOO HOO!!!! I'm so going to blow it ALL on a silly 5-part herb bowl planter.
    Elizabeth
    Mom to Drew and Saffie
    b 8/28/01

LisaN
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    I had forgotten about White Flower Farm! Haven't gotten their catalog yet I found a local nursery last year that has tons of their plants as well. I'll look into Bluespring too. Thanks for the recommendations.

Elizabeth---great timing with the gc!

2boys2luv---I'm just the opposite---good with flowers, horrible with food plants

Dr j---I have Spring Fever too!! I'm jealous of everyone in the warmer states.
    Lisa

"Is uniformity of opinion desirable? No more than of face and stature." Thomas Jefferson