FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
I wanted to share my "deals" with you...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    DebyD
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I wanted to share my "deals" with you...

I love planting things. Especially in the fall.

Last week I got about $20 dollars worth of a blue salvia perennial in pretty large pots, for $.25 a piece. Think about 80 plants. I was so psyched.

So I went to another Lowes and got three althea's for half price, an oak leaf hydrangea for half price and a potentilla? for half price. I also got a bunch of hostas. The hostas were normally almost $5 per gallon, but I got them off the half price table for $2.48. Then I went back the next day and saw the listed price as $2.48. Sure enough, I didn't get the first ones at half off. So we corrected the mistake. So far, I've bought 22 gallon plants for $1.24 each. One this morning I splt up into six plants.

I bought another four plants that I'd never heard of before. I don't have the name in front of me but it means African Lily. I'm probably as far north as it will survivie. I looked it up on the internet. Next year I will have these huge ball shapes of multiple flowers on very tall stems. They are breathtaking. As high as small children. So cool.

Two weeks ago, I bought out some very irredescent pink tick seed or coreopsis. Likes arid conditions. Very much part of my yard. I also bought some small yellow coreopsis and some little bit larger flower just called tick seed. I think they're all from the same family. I bought butterfly flowers. I forgot the name, but they look like little butterflies on tall stems. And I bought tons of Bee Balm. All of this stuff for cheap cheap end of the year get rid of the perennials prices.

I just LOVE digging in the dirt.

Today I went out for awhile to get some more of these hostas in and the first hole I dug had a small snake in it. I don't know if it was sleepy or injured. It kind of kept trying to curl back up and raised its head really sleepy like. I just covered it back up and moved over.

I can't wait for spring. There I said it. This winter is going to be hard on me mentally I think.

DebyD
    Emilie and Joseph 5/7/02

Diagnosed with MS, April 2004

2. Advertisement

3boys2luv
    is melting!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Wow! You got great deals! I want to go shopping with you!

Winter has just started and I'm already yearning for Spring, too.
    Raising children is like being pecked to death by chickens.

katrack
    has no status.
    Decorating/Gardening/Mormon Boards
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Busy
    Wow! I think I need to go see if Home Depot and the local nursery have any deals like that. Now here is the real question--have you PLANTED ALL THOSE PLANTS??? That is the hard part! Any pictures of the spot you will/have planted?
    dd (10), dd & dd (12), ds (22), dd (24) + dgs (5 & 2), ds (27)

Our words reveal our refinements; they tell the discerning listener of the company we have kept; they are the hallmarks of education and culture. - Dale Carnegie