FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
First Cukes from my garden....

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    dr j
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

First Cukes from my garden....

were consumed last night. They are SO GOOD. I don't recall exactly what seeds I planted without looking it up...

It always amazes me you plant a seed and look what you get. A true miracle huh!

I hope to find the time to hang on this board more. I love to garden... I put in a pretty large new perennial bed this year- we lovingly call "the poop garden" because we started it last summer by placing layers and layers of horse poop in it! It is doing REALLY WELL! Esp considering we haven't had a lot of rain this year.

I also am in the process of planning large veggie garden for next year. We have 65 acres and no really good place for a garden due to the rolling land etc. I am going to have a place leveled in one of our fields.... and have a Monticello type garden.

We are also in the beginning phases of building a new home- here on our property- so this will be a fun place to share..... although I probably won't have much to share until we actually break ground- about a year from now.

Cool board....
    Dr j
    4 IVFs and 6 FETs -6 pregnancies, lots of drama.
    AS, AJ and AA Born/Died 3/2000
    MJ born 5/10/01
    HT born 4/14/04 surviving twin.

God is great, beer is good and People are crazy.

2. Advertisement

dr j
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Here are some pics of our recent trip to Monticello. All serious gardeners need to make that trip. I didn't get to investigate as much as I would like as I had two small children but I did get some great ideas. I now know exactly how I am going to desgin our front walkway based on the "roundabouts" behind Monticello. They took the paths and planted the plants in square clumps along the edges rather than mixing them. I really liked it. We are going to use lucky stones up the front walk rather than concrete. I can't wait!

Here is Meg on the main garden roundabout behind the house. The other pic is the garden house TJ built... you can see some of the veggie garden. I would love to build a smaller version of the garden house some day.
    Dr j
    4 IVFs and 6 FETs -6 pregnancies, lots of drama.
    AS, AJ and AA Born/Died 3/2000
    MJ born 5/10/01
    HT born 4/14/04 surviving twin.

God is great, beer is good and People are crazy.

Laurie Jane
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Look at Miss Meg!

I want to see pictures of your gardens, not TJs! (though it looks very lovely indeed)

katrack
    has no status.
    Decorating/Gardening/Mormon Boards
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Busy
    As much as I like living in the wild west, I gotta say things sure seem to grow like Jack's magic bean back east. Lovely pics.

65 acres and ALL of it is rolling??? How big a garden you planning to plant???
    dd (10), dd & dd (12), ds (22), dd (24) + dgs (5 & 2), ds (27)

Our words reveal our refinements; they tell the discerning listener of the company we have kept; they are the hallmarks of education and culture. - Dale Carnegie

LisaNC
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful pictures!! Yummmmmmmmmm I love fresh garden cukes!!

DiIP
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm so jealous of your cukes....I never manage to plant any. Of course they'd probably cross pollinate with the squash to get some gross stuff, but still....
    Warrior Princess D, Astro Slayer
    L born Oct 2001
    C & R born Oct 2003

Don't you go looking for fair. Don't you expect a painless life. Don't go hunting for an easy road. Just you settle for wisdom.. T. Davis Bunn

punkin
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Some bunny ate my cukes! I'm jealous!

I love Monticello! It's been years since I've been there--but it is amazingly beautiful.
    Laura aka Punkin
    Mom to 5 Crazy Little People

CLICK ABOVE