FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Homo MTHFR C677T sucess with baby aspirin vs Lovenox??

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    offshorewife
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Homo MTHFR C677T sucess with baby aspirin vs Lovenox??

Has anyone had pregnancy success with extra folate plus baby aspirin vs Lovenox injections with homo MTHFR C677T? My RE will not RX Lovenox for me and DH and I are trying to decide what to do. We trust our RE with my PCOS but now that I've been DX'd with MTHFR and the worst kind he acts as if it's not big deal. I did conceive and carry to term our DD 5 years ago with baby aspirin the first trimester however we did not know about the MTHFR at that time. So I'm wondering if the baby aspirin is enough?
    Thanks,

2. Advertisement

lila
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you had your fasting homocysteine level checked. If that's elevated then you should be on a blood thinner like Lovenox from what I've learned. I have homo mthfr c677t also and I have had two miscarriages. My first miscarriage I was on baby aspirin b/c I did ivf but wasn't aware of the mthfr so I was not on folgard. With my second we had learned about the mthfr and added folgard and I still lost the baby. I am now going through ivf again and my re has agreed to put me on Lovenox this time so hopefully I will have a success story to tell you about. Good Luck and I hope that someone has a success story for you.