FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Mthfr: Levenox and folgard, how much to take!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    lila
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Mthfr: Levenox and folgard, how much to take!

HI ALL,

I am wondering how many folgards your drs put you on. My re says 1/day while ttc and then once pregnancy is confirmed 2/day. I have 2 c677t copies and have read that with this particular mutation you should be on 2/day whether pg or not. Please give me insight. I am not sure what to do! Also, are you on levenox during pregnancy? If so, when do you start taking shots, before pg or once pg? Also, what is your dose?

Thank you!!!
    Last edited by lila; 08-19-2009 at 11:10 AM.

2. Advertisement

JuanaBaby
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am on Metanx, which I am assuming is the same as Folgard. I take one a day. As far as the Lovenox, I was on 2 inj. a day. We did IVF in 2006, and it was started after transfer. This time the insurance will only pay for Fragmin and it will also be twice aday, and started 5 days after transfer.

lila
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Juanababy- Thanks for responding? Was your pregnancy in '06' successful? I am trying to find some hope for dh and I! Are you on Levonox for only mthfr? Good Luck with your IVF and I am sending lots and lots of babydust!!!!