FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
HELP! Antithrombin Deficiency

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    rubybaby
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed

HELP! Antithrombin Deficiency

I was told my antithrombin was low, as well as my protein s. I have suffered two losses and three years of infertility, with everything unexplained until now. My RE's office called to give me the results, but no one would answer my questions. Has anyone else received this diagnosis?

2. Advertisement

lw962
    this TTC crap has not been a joy ride!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    i have similar issues... pai-1 and protein c deficieny. very similar actually. if i were you i would schedule an appointment to see a hemotolgist (specializing in reproductive hemotology)asap. he will most likely precribe a blood thinner like heparin/ lovenox and baby aspirin. i have also had 3 m/cs and subsequent IF. i fould that with further exploration i had immune issues too that added to my genetic thrombophilia. so im also on ivig and extra progesterone. i would also implore you to get a full immune workup.

hope this helps!

rubybaby
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Thanks for responding. Since that post I have met with my RE and found that immune issues are there as well. I have the PAI-1, MTHFR, Protein S, and Antithrombin III deficiencies. I have an appt. with a hematologist on march 3. Do you have any children?

lw962
    this TTC crap has not been a joy ride!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    ruby- no i dont have any kids. i also have a few immune issues and the heparin wasnt enough. this time i did ivig in additiion to heparin and baby aspirin, hopefully that will help me conceive and carry to term.