FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
IVF w/ PGD

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    jalove33
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

IVF w/ PGD

Any success stories? I've had two mc, 1 live birth (2006), and 2 more mc. I recently found out I'm a balanced translocation carrier and should try IVF w/ PGD.

2. Advertisement

linden
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

m/c's mentioned

Hi--I don't have a success story (yet), but hopefully will soon! Today I started my first IVF w/ PGD cycle. I'm 34, have no children, but got pregnant twice in 2008 (once via injectibles/IUI and once naturally). We have a male factor for infertility. Both pregnancies ended in miscarriages. Both fetuses were tested after my D&C's and both were chromosomally abnormal. So, now we're on to IVF w/ PGD. The IVF clinic I go to has a lot of information about IVF w/ PGD for balanced translocations on their website (sbivf.com) and I've heard a lot of success stories from other patients there who did PGD for blanaced translocations. Good luck to you!!!!!

jalove33
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Thank you so much for responding! I will check out that website. Good luck to you as well. I'm in California, but working with a genetic lab in New Jersey if that isn't a crazy thing! I should get the green light from the PGD lab to start IVF next month.

linden
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it Reprogenetics? That's a big one around here.

jalove33
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

lab

Yes, it is Reprogenetics. Is that the lab you'll be using? How is your cycle going so far?

linden
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    The guy who created PGD and Reprogenetics started the clinic that I go to, so they have in-house PGD service, rather than sending the embryos out for testing. However, when I needed genetics counseling because I have premutation for Fragile X, I met with a counselor from Reprogenetics and she was fabulous. I've heard such good things about them. I think they also have a West Coast location in San Francisco too. Good luck with the PGD!

My IVF cycle start on 1/21 with Lupron. However, I ended up in the emergency room with terrible neurological side effects (I lost sensation in my hand and feet) after starting Lupron, so I had to discontinue it. My RE changed my protocol and had substituted Ganirelix for Lurpon, so I should be able to start stimming when AF arrives. I'm excited, but nervous, given the bumpy start I've had to this cycle! When do you think your cycle will start?

jalove33
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my goodness...you really did have a rough start. I hope the next cycle is better for you with the change in medication.

I can't start until we get the green light from Reprogenetics when the probes are complete. I sent all information and blood samples to them last Wednesday. It would be awesome to start stimulation in February, but it's more than likely going to be March.

Good luck and keep me posted!

pinkbabe
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, im new to this site, and am currently waiting for my first cycle of IVF with PGD, as i am a carrier of an x-linked condition. Im 37 years old and have only just found out about PGD, which i was suprized has been around for about 10 years! I dont have children of my own, although my husband has 3 children from a previous marriage. I cant beleive i have this chance, it feels amazing. I have read so much already from various sites on the internet, and have mixed emotions at the moment. Has anyone had any luck yet? x

linden
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    pinkbabe: YES! I am 30 weeks pregnant from a successful IVF w/ PGD cycle. I have no children and all my other pregnancies ended in miscarriage due to chromosomal abnormalities, so IVF w/ PGD was exactly what I needed in order to have a successful pregnancy. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!!

pinkbabe
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations, that is fantastic news, it gives us all positive thoughts! Good luck to you, i wish you all the very best x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast