FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
I need MTHFR help today!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    NurseBettyLBoop
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

I need MTHFR help today!

I have been diagnosed with MTHFR homo C677T. I also have 1 marker for Lupus. I don't remember for sure which other tests they completed, but is there any that are directly related to the MTHFR and m/c. I'm 3 1/2 weeks post 2nd m/c. The reason I need this info today is because I'm headed over to my gp's office at 4pm, and he'll draw any tests that I ask for

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Also, should I ask for a referrel to an immunologist or a hematologist? We do not have any RI's in this area.
    Last edited by NurseBettyLBoop; 12-01-2008 at 11:26 AM.

2. Advertisement

NurseBettyLBoop
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh well...my doc said he was going to check my folate level next time I'm there. He said it couldn't be correct or anything to worry about if that test comes back ok. WHATEVER!

Charity
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Betty...Sorry...Just seeing your post...You should also have your homocysteine levels checked along with your B6 & B12 levels. These are not totally conclusive, as your homocycsteine levels will rise with pregnancy, but you should have them checked.

I would recommend seeing your RE and see how willing they are to work with you on treating these issues. I've had two that were willing to treat me with Lovenox. One before and one after a positive pregnancy test. If yours is unwilling or unfamiliar with treatment, then I would see if there's another RE in your area. I didn't have much luck with hematologists as it relates to fertility, so many were at a loss as to how to move ahead in any form of treatment for me, so I would hate for you to waste your time or money, but you could always call ahead and see if there are any that do deal with fertility and clotting disorders. You should see one for yourself, however, but if you're looking for assistance specifically related to fertility, then you will want to investigate before seeking them for help in that area. It can be a difficult road trying to find the right doctor or combination thereof, but I'm hoping it will be totally worth it in the end. Good luck hon, and I am sorry for your losses...Take care...
    Me 38 DH 36
    1st IVF/ICSI Oct06-No Fert
    1st IUI w/Inj Jun07-BFPX2/MC
    2nd IUI w/Inj Mar08-BFN
    3rd IUI w/Inj May08–Chem
    4th IUI w/Inj Jul08-BFN
    Dx Homo C677T MTHFR Aug08
    5th IUI w/Inj Mar09-BFN
    6th IUI w/Inj Apr09-BFN/Chem?
    7th IUI w/Inj Jul09-BFN
    Hypothyroid Dx Feb10
    IVF in 2011?