FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
finding blood clots after a miscarriage

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    shef
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

finding blood clots after a miscarriage

I recently saw a doctor who told me that blood clots found in the tissue I brought in after a 10 week miscarriage does not indicate that the miscarriage happened BECAUSE of the clotting, as clotting automatically happens in the tissue once a miscarriage happens! This completely upset and confused me.
    How, then, could anyone ever determine if the cause of the miscarriage was a clotting disorder that was not properly treated (I am hetero A and C MTHFR)???? Does that mean that the only solution is to test the tissue to rule out chromosomal abnormalities??? It seems like my doctors are always looking to blame it on chromosomal abnormalities without any physical evidence of that.

2. Advertisement

AliceRabbit
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    First of all, let me say how sorry I am for your loss. It's so frustrating when everything you inquire about is downplayed or dismissed.

I've had the same experience - one doc who repeatedly told me that all the losses were likely chromosomal - even though he diagnosed me with MTHFR and thought, initially, that that might be the cause. AND the one embryo that was tested, was normal. When he put me on Folgard and I miscarried again - he said it was likely chromosomal and not the result of the MTHFR. He refused to put me on heparin and told me that a baby aspirin would not help. I'm trying heparin this cycle (I won't know for another week if I am pregnant or not) but I am well aware that it may not be the "magic bullet." However, I can't help but to want to try everything. There is so much that is just not known about miscarriage.

Good luck to you. Again, I am very sorry for your loss.