FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Abnormal Post Coital Test....Anyone else?????

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    MommySomeday
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Abnormal Post Coital Test....Anyone else?????

Hi, I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm posting in the right area. I have recently been diagnosed with hostile cervical mucus due to me killing 100% of my husbands sperm. I was wondering if anyone else has come into this problem and what steps they took afterwards. I have done two iui's and have had no luck so far. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

2. Advertisement

JAS
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Hi, I was diagnosed with this many years ago, and had six IUI's before doing two IVF's. I have since been diagnosed with immune issues as my body also attacks the embryo trying to implant. I don't know if they are related, your doctor would know more. You may want to get some immune testing done also just to rule out any more issues. I wasted so much money trying to get pregnant, and had I known all that was going on, I could have afforded the proper treatment. Now, I can't afford the treatment I need to get pregnant. Good luck on your journey. JAS
    Last edited by JAS; 10-31-2007 at 02:22 PM.

BC-Raven74
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    I had the hostile CM diagnosis too. We were moving on to IVF at that point anyway because of tubal issues, so the hostile CM would be bypassed. After 3 failed IVFs, it turns out I also had immune issues as well, which could explain the hostile CM. If it is a consistency prob, like if your CM is too thick/sticky, Robitussin may help to thin out your CM. I wish I could be more of a help to you; I'm still working on figuring out the darn immune issues.

Good luck to you!

MommySomeday
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you ladies for replying to me. Can you please tell me what kind of immune testing you've had? I'm going to suggest that the next time I go to the doctors. I truly appreciate your help!

Jenifire
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I too have hostile CM and killed 100% of DH sperm. We did IUI and got BFP in 05. We did 2IUI this yr both BFN. Good luck

JAS
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Mommysomeday, You regular doctor may suggest some immune testing, but it may not be at the level that you may need. I had some done by my IF doctor, but it was not definitive enough, and could not clarify what exactly was wrong. They did their standard immune testing, and put me on heparin. I ended up losing my first pregnancy. Really I needed much stronger treatment. You probably need to go to a doctor that specializes in Immune issues. I was tested for killer cells, antibodies, and DQ alpha match, plus many more things. It is important that they test your husband as well. They have a panel that is standard depending on your problems. Sorry I can't clarify all the specific test, as I cannot find my results at the moment, but any immune doctor could tell you what you need to be tested for. My doctor was Dr. Matzner in Van Nuys. You can also check out Dr. Toths web site. Just do a search under google, because when I put it in here, it goes to the wrong place. Anyways, he deals with immune issues a whole different way. He believes that immune issues are related to infections, and instead of giving you meds to surpress your immune system, he treats the infection and your immune issue will improve and hopefully you can concieve and carry with no other treatment. I firmly believe in his theory. I just can't afford it now that I have five adopted children... Sorry I am not of more help, I keep being interupted by my DD, and I gotta run. Hope that helps. JAS
    Last edited by JAS; 11-01-2007 at 10:41 AM.