FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Is this right? (Vitamins for MTHFR)

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Heaven
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this right? (Vitamins for MTHFR)

I was just told today I have the MTHFR and under average for Protein S. The doctor wants me to take 2mg folic acid, 100mg B6, 250mcg B12 and one baby asprin a day. After reading through some of the posts, these amounts seem a bit low. Anyone have any advie? They alright or should I call and tell the man I need to up these?

Thanks,
    Heaven

2. Advertisement

mvp
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you only have one copy of the MTHFR mutation, then that sounds about right. It would be much easier if your dr. would prescribe Folard/Foltex/Metanx (one of these), so you don't have to take so many pills. Do you know how many copies and which one(s) you have?

Jenn, R.N.
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Stressed
    That sounds about right if you only have one mthfr mutation. I was on about the same thing for my cycle (successful) and will stay on it for life. I am hetero mthfr. Good luck!!!

raytw
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

sounds right

i take foltx (which is folic acid and B vitamens) and prenatels 81 mg aspirin

Heaven
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have the c667t mutation. I asked him about Folgard and he said it was fine with him. Have been taking that and the baby aspirin since Sunday. Thanks for your help!