FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
PGD for aneuploidy?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    kellyrn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

PGD for aneuploidy?

Anyone who had PGD, did you test for 12, 9, or 5 chromosomal problems? I need to fill out all this paperwork. All my RE said was aneuploidy, didn't mention any specific # of chromosomes that we're testing for, of course I have a call out to him, but in the meantime--just wondering if there is a "common" answer here. Thanks

2. Advertisement

pbcolor
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Kellryn

I was jus advised to consider testing for 12 chromosomes. I haven't decided what I'll do yet, so please keep me posted. I wanted to research a the risks of PGD a bit more before I decide

Good luck

kellyrn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello. Do you mind if I ask a little bit about your history? We have been ttc for 3 yrs now. Done everything from clomid, IUI, IVF x 2, and an FET. ALL BFN!! I did manage to have an ectopic on my own, between tx? Imagine that. SA shows slight motility issues and morphology is a little off. The second SA was actually better though. I have been to 2 RE's both do not agree on my dx. One says PCOS, the other says I do not meet the criteria for PCOS. They do agree that I do have some small cysts on my ovaries though. And prior to me seeing an RE in the 1st place, I used the CBE fertility monitor-which showed that I only ovulated 2 in 8 months!! So definitely an ovulation problem going on. Probably immature eggs too. I have had the small panel of immunity testing done (lupus, ANA antibodies, and thyroid stuff--all negative) so they don't feel I need to delve into that any further. Although, I still have some suspicion there. I have always felt that RE's just try to bypass what's really going on and just get you pg, without really fixing the initial problem. That approach is probably very successful with 90% of the pt's they see, but for people like us, we just fall through the cracks. In combination from my 2 fresh IVF cycles, we have 15 3 day totsicles that they now feel that aneuploidy testing is the only other thing they can think of at this point. Honestly, I feel more scared and alone at this point than I ever have. Ins doesn't cover PGD, so the stakes are higher now. My biggest fear is that they will find NOTHING!! I will be crushed. Not much I can do now but pray. Drop me a line. Hope all goes well with your cycle.

DrAndrea
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did PGD against my doctor's advice (he felt that I had no reason to do it...I am only 31). Out of 9 eggs, only one was normal. I tested 12 chromosomes for aneuploidy. 3 were trisomies and 5 were complex abnormals. At this point I am not sure what to make of all of this. I transferred the one good one and at 6dpt I am still BFN.
    Me: 31 (NK cells, MFTHR defect, blood clotting issues)
    DH: 38 (translocation on 1 and 16; borderline DNA fragmentation)

7/30/09 BFP on HPT!!!! (transferred 4 expanding blasts)
    7/31/09 (7dp5dt) beta is 38!!!!
    8/3/09 (10dp5dt) beta is 205!!!
    EDD: April 11, 2010
    We are having a girl!!!!

srebes
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a very interesting articles about PGD. http://www.infertilityblog.blogspot.com/
    It is under the May 2007 link

or try think link http://infertilityblog.blogspot.com/...1_archive.html

I recommend it to anyone who is considering the procedure
    Last edited by srebes; 05-02-2009 at 08:16 PM.

linden
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did PGD for aneuploidy during my IVF cycle in Jan/Feb. They tested 12 chromosomes. I did PGD due to recurrent pregnancy loss...I am 34, have no children, and all my previous pregnancies ended in m/c due to chromosomal abnormalities. PGD was an excellent experience for me.

GalaxyGirl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by linden View Post
    I did PGD for aneuploidy during my IVF cycle in Jan/Feb. They tested 12 chromosomes. I did PGD due to recurrent pregnancy loss...I am 34, have no children, and all my previous pregnancies ended in m/c due to chromosomal abnormalities. PGD was an excellent experience for me.
    Ditto. I did it twice in late 2003/early 2004. They tested the basic 8 for me, but if 12 is the new standard, I'd say go for it.