FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
PGD - age 31

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    barn
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

PGD - age 31

Hi has anyone had experience with PGD for genetic reasons and opposed to age being a factor? If so I would be curious to hear your experience.

thanks - Donna

2. Advertisement

cs1984cs
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not personally, but I have heard someone doing it because the mother was a carrier. They did the PGD test on the embryos before transfer to eliminate the affected ones; they were able to have a child without worrying about whether or not he was affected and when it would show up if at all.

kellyrn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

barn

I just posted a long thread about my issues with this on the immunity bb. I am currently getting started with having PGD done on my totsicles. After several failed cycles, he can think of no other reason why my "beautiful" embies are not becoming beautiful babies! I am 35, dh 36. My old RE would not even consider PGD unless I was 40+!!! Very strange. Are you currently having this done?

Lisa M
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

pgd- age 31

hello.
    I am 31 years old & just completed my 4th PGD cycle. I am a carrier of a genetic disease, but have not heard anything about an age requirement for PGD from any of the doctors I have seen. Hope this helps!
    Lisa

barn
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks, I was just wondering if PGD was more likley to be successful if you had no problems getting pregnant .

KL
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Children mentioned

I am a carrier of a serious X linked genetic disorder that impacts males in my family. I have 2 options for trying to optimize my chance at a healthy child..... 1) PGD to only transfer unaffected embryo's or female carriers and 2) Microsort -and only use the "female" sperm sample.

We have done PGD 3 times and Microsort once (IVF PGD, FET PGD, IVF Microsort, and then IVF PGD again). Our only successful cycle was the Microsort (twin girls).

I do have a blog on FT if you want to dig through it. We just recently did a PGD cycle (August) and the personal details are in there.
    Kim

Kaitlin & Laine . Aug 6, 2004
    We are 5 years old!!!

"Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand-and melting like a snowflake..."
    - Marie Beyon Ray