FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
PGD with FET?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    kellyrn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

PGD with FET?

Anyone have PGD done with frozen embies? That's where I am right now after 2 failed fresh cycles and one failed FET. They want to test my remaining 15 embies for genetic problems. I am scared to death!!! I feel it is the best course of action as I have had several failed cycles thusfar; but I see how low the %'s seem to be for "normal" embryos out there. I never realized that. I thought, you put the sperm with the egg and whalla-a good embie! I had no idea the multitude of things that can be wrong with that scenerio.
    My question is, once they thaw out our embies and test them, are our chances less b/c they were previously frozen? Has anyone ever had success this way?

2. Advertisement

kellyrn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't believe no one has done this Come on ladies, I'm really not that cutting edge here! LOL!

andika
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    kelly-I couldnt do pgd on my frozen blasts because they were blasts already-so that meant that it has more than 100 cells,that cannot be differentiated. I think ob a 3day embie its still possible, because it only has 8 cells, and they can take out1 cell, but when they cannot see just one ball already then not. Are yours 3 day or blasts? I dont think the fact that they were frozen changes chances, given they survive the thaw. Anyways you can lose some embies to pgd fresh or frozen. so if you have 15 you can end up with a few good ones I think, even if some get destroyed in the pgds process and the thaw.

kellyrn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, mine are 3day totsicles. I am soooo nervous that I'll either have nothing to show for it, or they will have not tested for the right problem. Each category that you test for is more $. So I guess they just make as educated a guess as possible. Scary.

andika
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    kelly-here its 5grand and its "all inclusive". its basically a karyotype, where many diseases can be seen. My RE is hesitant for me even with my past-see sig- to do pgd in this fresh cycle, he said I can always do cvs in the 11th week, but he basically beleives I was just so unlucky. so dont know what to do either. I did cvs once, and was surprised how uninvasive it was, so I am not too scared to do it again, its just the waiting until 11 weeks, its long.

kellyrn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's true. I guess with PGD, he's trying to spare me the numerous BFN transfers, he's trying to narrow it down a bit. See, with my embies, I just never get pg, with the multiple transfers, good looking embies, assisted hatching, still no luck. Everything else looks good with me, so I guess we now need to look at them. Eventhough getting a "perfect" one to transfer is no guarantee either. What to do?

andika
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    did you have immune testing done?

kellyrn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had the basic testing done, ANA, APA, lupus and thyroid stuff. All neg. I do have MTHFR though-one copy. I will question getting further testing done when I see my RE on Nov first. They always seem reluctant though. Don't understand.

andika
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found this article on MTHFR http://www.fvleiden.org/ask/51.html maybe you should be taking folgard or baby aspirin?
    I was also in pgd dilemma since my RE didnt think its still necesary but I decided to do it anyways, even if I lose a few embies to it.

cs1984cs
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

I was wondering if it doesn't make more sense to spend 5K now and have them all tested than several 10s of 1000 doing ETs? It's also efficient time wise. Are there any reason why one would want that?

CS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast