FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Is Metanx = Folgard?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Dufresne
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Is Metanx = Folgard?

I keep hearing everyone talk about Folgard for MTHFR. We were prescribed Metanx -- which sound like it's the same thing (Folic acid and Vitamin B). Anyone heard of Metanx?

2. Advertisement

shef
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm on metanx. I was worried that everyone else was on folgard, but have recently heard of more and more people on the metanx. Maybe it's a new med?

has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Metanx is just as good as Folgard and may actually be better. It contains the bioavailable form of Folic Acid, called L-Methylfolate. If you have a MTHFR mutation you are unable to process Folic Acid as well as someone without the mutation. Metanx helps by providing your body with a form of folic acid that has already been processed so your body can utilize it easier. Go to www.metanx.com and you can get more information.

mvp
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My hematologist prescribed Metanx as well. He said he thought it worked better than Folgard. Maybe must just opinion.

Michelle