FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
PGD? Anyone done it?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    he910
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

PGD? Anyone done it?

Hi ladies - I'm new to this board and wanted to know if anyone had a similar story to share with me. After having 3 m/c's in March we will be doing IVF with ICSI and PGD -- just wondering if anyone has gone through PGD and the results and all that. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Just feeling kind of alone at the moment.
    Hillary

2. Advertisement

doodles
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    HI Hilary! I am going through PGD right now. My egg retrieval was Monday and my transfer is scheduled for Saturday. I am doing PGD for genetic purposes and am also a poor responder, so I did not have many follicles. Although of the seven they took out, I still have six. If you have any questions I will do my best to answer them! Best of luck in 2006!

Dara

he910
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dara,
    Thanks so much for writing back - I was beginning to think I was the only one that had or would have this done! That is great news that there are so many good ones for you! Do you mind if I ask if you did the aneuploidy tests or which you did (that is what I'll be doing) My biggest fear right now (well one of them!) is that none of them will test as normal and whatnot. I guess it just adds another thing to wrack my nerves on top of the IVF. The process is amazing but scary to me at the same time! I hope I get as great answers as you got! Is this your first IVF cycle? Thanks again for writing!
    Hillary

BC-Sirell
    is loving her new home in San Diego!
    BC for Surrogacy
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    I'm a gestational surrogate and two of my couples have opted to do PGD on their embryos. Here's each outcome:

1st couple ~ PGD on 16 embryos on day 3; 8 came back perfect (4 female/4 male); transferred 2 male embryos to me on day 4; only 2 female of the remaining embryos made it to day 5 and are frozen; received positive betas and a single heart beat at 7w and 10w; M/C at 12w5d for unknown reasons.

2nd couple ~ PGD on 12 embryos on day 3, 5 came back perfect (3 female/2 male); transferred 2 female and 1 male to me on day 5; froze the remaining 2 female embryos; received positive beta; awaiting first U/S on 1/23.

Hope this help and I'm wishing you lots of success with your PGD cycle.

Hugs,

Sirell

monarchbutterfly
    has no status.

one of the s's: school, studying or sleep...pick one :)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    i have never had this done myself but wanted to wish you the best on your upcoming cycle.
    me and my three:
    and my three very sweet angels, who will never be forgotten: (18+wks) (5wks) (8wks)

justkaren
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I'm 41 and had a history of unexplained IVF failures. (Always had lots of beautiful looking embryos, but never made it to u/s...although did have some + betas). So, my results may well not reflect the average. I did get pregnant the first pgd cycle we did and I am due in 2 weeks. (We also added heparin and baby asprin to the protocol though, so who knows what did the trick). Anyway, I sent 13 for testing. 3 came back normal (2 girls and 1 boy). We transfered all 3. I'm pregnant with a single boy. I went to Cornell in NY City for the cycle. I forget the name of the lab that they sent the embryos to (but it wasn't St. Barnibus, it was somewhere in Chicago I think).

I wish you the very best of luck!!!
    Karen
    42 years old and finally a mom!
    Our son Elijah (Eli) was born 2/10/06
    following 4 years ttc, 5 fresh IVFs (plus 2 FETs).

readyagain
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

How are your results with PGD?

Any results yet with these PGD cases?

I am considering this also - getting older and would like to transfer the best if possible too.

Thanks for posting everyone

nickknack
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's my first time posting and i'm wondering if anyone can offer any input on the following:

I'm just starting my first IVF cycle and my husband and I have decided to do PGD for the sole purpose of increasing our chances of success on our first IVF cycle. My doctor is a huge proponent of transferring only 1 PGD embryo back. My husband and I would like to transfer 2 to increase our chances.

I'm wondering how many embryos other PGD patients have transferred and their outcomes?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

readyagain
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Pgd

I am not going to be of much help but I am also wanting to do PGD - but my Dr. said I can transfer 2. Did you indicate that you didn't want a twin PG. Has he done a lot with only one? I personally would not be happy about doing only one but you need to know why he thinks only one. Perhaps his success is so good that it is the best way to go. My Dr. has only done 3 PGD's in the past 3 years - he charges 5k for it and says that is a big deterrent for people -but i am on your lines of thinking... if I am only doing once than why not get the best of the best.

good luck and keep us posted.

nickknack
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for responding.

I will have to clarify why he prefers transferring only one PGD embryo. I think it is because he is a big believer in getting "one healthy baby" and there are typically a lot of complications with twins (or any mulitiple births).

I too am probably only going to do this once (our insurance pays pretty much nothing!) so I'd personally rather chance twins than risk a failed cycle.

I wonder if there is anyone out there who has ended up with PGD twins and, if so, how many embryos they transferred?

thanks again and best wishes to all!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast