FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Hypothyroid/amenorrhea/fvl

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    kszal
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Hypothyroid/amenorrhea/fvl

Hi,
    I'm new here and was wondering if anyone had had a similar experience. I had a DVT and multiple PEs in July due to heterozygous factor V leiden. They took me off BCP at that point (I had been on them for 8 years). I then got a copper IUD. My DH and I are planning to TTC at the beginning of 2007.

Since I went off BCP (now 4+ months) I have not had a period. In the interim(October) I was diagnosed hypothyroid with a TSH of 11.7 and put on 25 mcg synthroid. I am now on 50 mcg since my test last week came back with a TSH of 9.3.

Has anyone been treated for hypothyroid and had their period come back without having to take Provera? My gyn said he would give me Provera after 6 months with no period.

I am worried about my missing period and my chances later TTC (although thankful that these issues came up well ahead of time, so that my hopeful eventual pregnancies may be medicated effectively).

Thanks very much!
    Katie

2. Advertisement

monarchbutterfly
    has no status.

one of the s's: school, studying or sleep...pick one :)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    katie,
    you may wish to try the general infertility board as that gets more activity than here. i am unsure of the answers to your questions. i can do some looking around if you like but i do not know the answers off the top of my head.
    best of luck on your journey.
    me and my three:
    and my three very sweet angels, who will never be forgotten: (18+wks) (5wks) (8wks)