FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Any advice welcome

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Little fluff
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Any advice welcome

Hi

I have conceived 4 times this year and am in the process now of losing the 4th pregnancy. I hesitate to say miscarriage as they have all been very early losses, within a week of getting the positive I am losing them.

All of my prgnancies have been through a herbal blend. My history prior to that is that I have been TTC for nearly 10 years, have done 4 AI, 1 IVF - very poor response - 1 egg that failed to fertilise and over 15 cycles of Clomid-all with no response.I am under the care of a naturopath and have been drinking a herbal blend that was mixed up for me as well as doing acupuncture, initially weekly and now fortnightly. Before this year I have never had a positive pregnancy test and now I am getting these positives but not holding them.

I have a Dr appointment for Monday and I was hoping that someone may be able to suggest some things that I should ask to be tested for.

Thankyou
    Debbie

2. Advertisement

monarchbutterfly
    has no status.
    one of the s's: school, studying or sleep...pick one :)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    i would ask for a complete genetic screen for you and your dh. also you might want to check the immune issues board and the ladies there should be able to give you some hints with regards to that direction.
    hth
    becky
    me and my three:
    and my three very sweet angels, who will never be forgotten: (18+wks) (5wks) (8wks)

Lauren2005
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    First of all, it's good that you are changing doctors. No one should take more than 6 cycles of Clomid and a good RE would know that. One of the reasons is that it can affect the lining. This is reversed over time. If you haven't already, you should have a scan to check the thickness and quality of your lining; that could explain not "holding" the pg.

But most of all, I would suggest immediate full immune testing. After four m/c's (sorry to hear that!!!) your immune system has kicked in whether or not you had immune problems prior to your pgs. I recommend reading all about it on this web site:

http://www.repro-med.net

Also, have you had a lap to rule out endometriosis? That can interfere with pg and also implantation...

I am also doing acupuncture, vitamin, and herbal supplements. I had my second lap in May (the first was in 1994) and tried Clomid/IUI without success twice. I had full immune testing and was found to have three issues that need tx prior to conception, or implantation will be compromised.

Good luck to you. The doctor at the web site above has hundreds of international patients with whom he consults by phone and e-mail. I wish you the very best.

Lauren

Little fluff
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thankyou Becky & Lauren. Lauren that site has a wealth of information, thankyou.

Debbie

mary020672
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Debbie,
    I agree with Lauren and Becky, in addition I would ask them to do a chromosome test done on both you and DH.
    I also miscarried 3 times, all at a very early stage. We both went through a lot of blood test and we just found out that DH has Chromosome defect, and that is why we miscarried so early in the pregnancy. Since then I have been reading about IVF and PGD and I think that is the only option.
    I have an appointment with RE in Sep 15th to discuss our options.

Good luck and keep us posted,
    Mary