FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
monosomy

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    maggied
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

monosomy

Hi all, we went back to the hospital yesterday for results on me and my partners blood. mine was fine however my partner was told he only has 45 chromosomes and this is the reason for his low sperm count, we were told the risk of miscarriage is higher and there may be some abnormalities, it is driving us mad as we have to wait until july to speak to somebody in the genetics dept......has anyone heard of this before and will we ever be able to have a baby ???? what abnormalities ????

please help

2. Advertisement

SgtMom
    has no status.
    Life's Journey, Colic and Education
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I believe that both Turner's and Kleinfelter's Syndrome involved extra chromosomes and affect a man's fertility. There are threads on this board about both and the folks there may have more info for you. Take care.

maggied
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks kate, i will take a look at the forum posts x x

monarchbutterfly
    has no status.
    one of the s's: school, studying or sleep...pick one :)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    could you please giev a few more details as to the exact nature of the problem?? if you woudl feel more comfortable you can pm me.
    me and my three:
    and my three very sweet angels, who will never be forgotten: (18+wks) (5wks) (8wks)