FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Update

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    SgtMom
    has no status.
    Life's Journey, Colic and Education
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Update

I just thought I'd update you all. My HSG showed one tube completely blocked, and since I do have pain on that side, the dr recommended a laproscopy next. She said that it should improve our chances of conceiving consideably more than 3 mos since she uses that interceed to keep things from getting stuck together again. I suspect a whole pile of scar tissue from past surgeries, but we shall see. The lap is next week, so we are waiting on the Microsort for now, or until we know whether it is one working tube or two.

Wish me luck!

And, if you have had lap, tell me what to expect.

Kate

2. Advertisement

monarchbutterfly
    has no status.
    one of the s's: school, studying or sleep...pick one :)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    i have had a lap before. i would expect to be in pain and not really moving too well for at least a day to two depending on how much scar tissue they remove.
    i also would keep some gas-x on hand as i had horrible gas afterward (a side effect of the air they pump into your belly)
    just plan on restinga nd taking it easy.
    let us know how your lap goes.
    bec
    me and my three:
    and my three very sweet angels, who will never be forgotten: (18+wks) (5wks) (8wks)

TessToo
    is bored in this hotel.
    BC-Parenting After A Loss
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sick
    Kate,

I've been away from FT for a couple of weeks. I just found this post.

Have you already had the lap yet? How did you do? Did they give you any findings?

How are things going with Microsort? Are they still holding you up in paperwork? Or have you gotten approval for the clinical trial already?

Sorry I'm so far behind. Please post an update when you can and I'll try to catch up!

*crossing fingers for you*

-Tess

SgtMom
    has no status.
    Life's Journey, Colic and Education
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Tess,

Thanks for responding. I had the lap last week. The dr found no significant adhesions, no endometriosis and she was able to get dye through the blocked tube (yea!). She did find a 3cm fibroid which was a surpirse. It is in an area that should not affect conception and she did not remove it.

Now, I am trying to make a decision about Microsort. When I mentioned it to my dr (an ob/gyn), she was not familiar with the process. But I may be able to cycle for IUI with her and then go to SoCal once a month. Or I may have to go to the Reproductive Science Center here for the cycling.

I also want to make sure that I am ovulating regularly before I start. My cycles have been short recently (22 days) and not o'ing. So I think I need to see how the hormones are doing and if metformin is helping enough.

I have long since completed the paperwork for MS, but have not called them to set up the consult. Do you know how long it will take from there? Or what I should expect from this point.

How goes your battle with MS? Do you have other options?

Thanks,
    Kate