FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Anyone else feeling "Hopeless"?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    wish2beamom
    is stressed.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Bored

Anyone else feeling "Hopeless"?

Sorry to be such a downer I just can't help feeling hopeless. It seems as though everytime i take 1 step forward and fall 2 steps back KWIM? I am just having a pity-party for myself because we aren't able to do any treatments right now, we just got our first house last friday and it needs quite a bit of work. Dh tries to cheer me up with talk of the house and how great it will be when its done but I just can't seem to cheer up. I just feel like there is no end for my infertility in sight. Dh's best friend and his wife are due to have a baby this October I am happy for them but can't help feeling hurt and jealous. It only took them 1 cycle with clomid. When they told us I felt my world collapsing at the moment but I pulled myself together to congratulate them and get them their gift. We bought them a crib bedding set at BRU and the entire time I was there I was crying felt like a fake or a phony, Like I didn't belong but I desperately wanted to be there for me KWIM? Sorry if I am not making any sense about this I am just really feeling sorry for myself and just needed some support. Well if you had made it this far thank you for listening I appreciate it. The joys of IF.
    Christy

2. Advertisement

MomZ
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    What you are feeling is very normal. I know I sure was very depressed when I was ttc. Its a very hard time. And all those hormones flying around does not make it any easier.
    Have you thought of journaling your thoughts? Or even blogging them. Lots of people do that. I have a dear friend from FT that sent me a journal when I was ttc, and it really helped to get it all out.
    I wish you lots of luck when you do ttc again
    Julie

sweet em
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't that feeling awful when you find out that someone is pregnant - I think collapsing is a good word, for me it feels like my ears are being pulled into my head.

g4ranny
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hang in there - it just seems like everyone around us has kids or are expecting. I just received 3 invitations to baby showers - luckly all on the same weekend - luckly the weekend we had planned to be gone. Even the girl I use to baby sit (she is 24 now) is having a baby!
    Just stay strong and lean on your husband or US here on line. I feel for you!

wish2beamom
    is stressed.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Bored
    Thank you ladies it is nice to know that we have each other to lean on. Today has been an especially rough day.

wish2beamom
    is stressed.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Bored
    Thanks Kelly I appreciate it. I had a really rough day yesterday having to see the babies everywhere I went and then getting that look from my family(you know the look that says- It'll be your turn next-look) I was a mess all day in tears and really upset that I couldn't celebrate today of all days. Sorry for the vent I am trying to be positive for my husband and myself but its so hard Hopefully it will be our turns to be mothers next. Thanks again and blessings to all.
    Christy

barancouda
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    wishtobeamom I hear you girl, it is so hard to see others have a baby when you want one so bad. My 18 year old cousin is pg and she thinks she wants to give it up. I just think I wish it were me that was pg I would want it. I just had a hard month as well. I went through the neg thinking and needing to vent too.I had the missionaries from my church give me a blessing of comfort and it seemed to help. Its so hard sometimes. Thats why we are here though, all of us need someone who is where we are at to listen and understand. Keep writing to us it helps to get it out and get feedback.
    I will be praying for you.
    Sonya