FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Natural FET

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    dani120702
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy

Natural FET

I am really interested in doing a natural FET with no medications if possible. If you had a natural FET would you mind telling me where you went and about how much it cost. Also, what did your protocol look like? Thanks!
    Me: 33 ~ dx: bilateral hydros, removed 9/2008
    Dh: 32 ~ perfect

IVF #1 - 3dt of 2 embryos - chemical
    IVF #2 - 5dt of 2 embryos - BFP b/g twins
    FET - 5dt of 2 embryos - BFP singleton
    IVF #3 - 5dt of 1 embryo - BFN
    FET #2 - 5dt of 2 embryos - BFP singleton

2. Advertisement

SC-Kelley M.
    has no status.
    Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    There is some information on Natural IVF and FET on Fertility Authority. I'm not sure if you've seen these, but they may be helpful. There are other articles on there as well that may give more insight. Just search Natural FET in the search box to bring them up.

jacobs24
    Excited and Nervous

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to do this too! But I don't know of any clinics :/
    Me-24 (blocked tubes), DH-39 (perfect)
    M/C at 9 weeks-Misoprostol

IVF#1 -01/2018- 20 embryos frozen- FREEZE ALL

FET 4/20 transferred 2 five day blasts
    4/29 Beta 121
    5/1 Beta 215
    5 1/2 weeks..Ultrasound shows 2 gestational sacs!
    6 1/2 weeks Baby A heartbeat 115 Baby B heartbeat 98
    7 weeks 3 days Baby A heartbeat 135 Baby B heartbeat 115
    Passed at 7 weeks 5 days no heartbeats

SC-Kelley M.
    has no status.
    Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    I would suggest talking to your doctor about a non-medicated FET. I know there a bunch of factors, like if you ovulate regularly and predictably without medication. They have to time the transfer with your cycle so your body is at the peak of receptivity, so knowing when you ovulate is important. There are other factors involved as well. If your doctor does not do natural cycles, you could try calling other clinics in your area and asking if they do. If you find one, you could consider a second opinion with that doctor to see if they think you'd be a good candidate. If you need help finding other doctors in your area, you can use the clinic search feature on Fertility Authority to find them.

Romy69
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I still think they trigger you before FET to ensure it gives them time to thaw the embies and they don't miss the ovulation period. If I remember correctly the trigger lasts up to 72 hours but they usually transfer after about day and a half.

Sannc79
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did 2 natural FETS, no trigger is involved because they monitor u for ovulation. You have to use OPK’s to test for ovulation as well. It’s not entirely med free, I did have to take progesterone supplements. That’s the only meds I was on. A natural FET is pretty simple, not much involved.

Romy69
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    In South Africa they do it with trigger to insure you are monitored and ready for transfer. Never done it but was interested about it over the 10 years TTC. And yes, progesterone and Estrogen is to help lining.
    GL to all of you going this route!