FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Hey somebody give me a great finger food recipe

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    jow
    Good things...are always around the corner. Just depends upon which corner you look! LOL
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Hey somebody give me a great finger food recipe

we are having a pool party for church and they want finger foods. I am seriously drawing a blank!!!

jo

anything cool I can do with puff pastry other than cheese straws.?

2. Advertisement

Fossette
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Jo..I've used puff pasty cut in strips and wrapped around kielbasa and baked in the oven..it was delicious, maybe you could do something similar with the little smokies or something?
    My miracles: M & A-2002 & C-2004!

Current Live Auctions Palm Pilot & Co Sleeper:
    Palm Pilot
    Co Sleeper

JJsmom
    has no status.
    Just East of West and slighty North of South
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    What age group is this going to be feeding?

Amy
    The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it. -- Flannery O'Connor

Hopefulj
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tortilla Roll-ups
    Flour Tortillas-usually a pkg of 12 will do
    2 pkgs cream cheese
    8 oz. container sour cream
    1 can chopped green chilis
    1 can chopped black olives
    1 bunch chopped green onions
    Beat cream cheese, chilis, sour cream, olives and green onions together well in a mixer to make a spread. Spread mix on tortilla and then tightly roll up. Lay them seam side down in a tupperware type container and chill for at least one hour. When you are ready to serve them, slice them in about 1/2 in. slices and serve with salsa. These are soooo yummy!!!!

Cheese Balls
    3- 8 oz pkg cream cheese
    1 jar of dry beef
    1 small can of chopped mushrooms
    1 small can of chopped black olives
    1 bunch chopped green onions

Soften cream cheese, chop dried beef in a chopper, mix all ingredients together. Make into 2 balls, you can roll them in chopped pecans ( I do).

Chicken & pineapple

Cresant Rolls
    Pineapple cream cheese
    Can chicken

Lay out your cresant rolls on a baking sheet. Combine pineapple cream cheese and chicken, mix well. Scoop a spoon full of the cream cheese mixture and place on the wide end of the unbaked cresant roll & fold like you would to make cresants. Bake according to the directions on the pkg of cresant rolls or pastry.

They are very good.

jow
    Good things...are always around the corner. Just depends upon which corner you look! LOL
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    mainly kids but the adults will stay as well, so for all ages.

Thanks for the recommendations keep 'em coming.

jo
    Last edited by jow; 05-24-2005 at 07:48 PM.

susane
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Susan
    Jake 8 yrs old
    Tyler 6 yrs old

LisaNM
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Mellow
    I was going to recommend Tortilla Roll-ups but Hopefulj beat me to it My mom used to make those for get-togethers a lot and they always went over well.

Wrapping thinly-sliced ham or prosciutto (if you can get it) around slices of melon goes over well too, and is relatively nutritious at that.

If I had to take something to a party or get-together today it would be cream cheese on Basil and Sundried Tomato Wheat Thins though so maybe I'm not a good source of ideas
    LisaNM, Proud mom to Robert Joseph (Joey)
    former 24-week wonder, now 9 years old! IVF #1 3/02 after 6 years ttc
    also mom to including Joey's angel twin

technoidiot
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    fruit, veggie, cheese tray.
    Bruchetta
    ( small toasted bread seasoned w/ some garlic powder or garlic salt, cool put on a slice of tomato, mozzarella and/or parmesan cheese sprinkled on top w/ a light sprinkle of italian seasonings.
    Cheesy bruchetta: loaf of italian or french bread, cut longways in 1/2. mix mayo & shredded cheeses together to make a pasty spread. Put on bread, dust w/ cayenne pepper, bake till hot and bubbly, cut into bite size pieces.
    Veggie crostini: lay out pastry squares (crescent dough or pizza dough), spray w/ pam, sprinkle seasonings on (like italian seasonings, or dill, or ranch), bake to crispy. cool. Spread w/ cream cheese mixed w/ some ranch dressing. (or make your own concoctions w/ cream cheese, sour cream and your choice of seasonings). Sprinkle cut up fresh veggies over top - any variety or amount, can also sprinkle shredded cheese on.
    Finger sandwiches: regular bread, any spreads (pb & J for kids), layer so you have 3-4 pieces of bread w/ fillings in between, cut off crust, cut in 1/2 or 1/4's or get fancy and cut w/ cookie cutter to the theme of your event.
    Canape's: savory ones: can put a dollup of dip or cheese spread on a cracker, top w/ an almond, a walnut, an olive, a slice of carrot, a sprinkle of cheese, a dash of seasoning, etc. they look fancy but can't be made too far ahead.
    Sweet canape's: graham crackers, oreo type cookies, choc covered graham crackers, vanilla wafers, etc. Dollup of frosting ( this looks nice if you use a frosting tip), decorate dab of frosting w/ a slice of strawberry, a raspberry, a chocolate chip, chocolate shavings, piece of licorice, etc. etc. You get the idea. Easyeasyeasy but cute and fancy looking horduevre.
    waiting to be parents someday somehow