FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Chicken Recipes

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Hopefulj
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Chicken Recipes

My Dh loves chicken and I am so tired of the same old chicken dishes. Does anyone have any chicken recipes?

2. Advertisement

JJsmom
    has no status.
    Just East of West and slighty North of South
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Oven Fried Chicken Breasts
    Flatten some boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or cut them in half to make them thinner). For a breading... combine Corn Flake Crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Dip the chicken in melted butter and then in the breading mixture coating evenly. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. For a dip or even a baste for the last 5 minutes I combine: BBQ Sauce, Honey, and Mayonaiise...yummy! Or you substitue the BBQ sauce with Mustard for a yummy honey mustard sauce.

You can do the same recipe with chicken wings except bake them at 375 for 45 minutes and baste them with the sauce during the last 15 minutes. I usually cut them apart at the joint.

Also...do the same with the breasts but instead of the sauce, put a slice of mozzeralla on top during the last 5 minutes. Then cover with your favorite spag. sauce and pasta side and have quick chicken parmesan!!! I usually for this will add oregano or basil to the breading.
    The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it. -- Flannery O'Connor

eli
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    There are several yummy chicken recipes in the above main dish thread- which is pinned. I will copy one for you here... but take a look at the others too. This recipe was posted by MAV and has been tried by many FTers, with very good results.

Q & E CHICKEN ROCHEMBEAU

INGREDIENTS:

8 split chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
    1-4 oz jar of dried beef circles
    (by Armour or Hormel in little glass jars in canned meat section)
    8 slices bacon
    8 slices of baby Swiss cheese
    1 can mushroom soup
    1-8oz container of sour cream

DIRECTIONS:

1.Line bottom of baking dish with dried beef circles.

2.Wrap chicken breasts individually with a piece of Swiss cheese and then bacon.

3.Lay chicken pieces on top of beef circles.

4.Mix mushroom soup and sour cream together and pour over chicken.

5.Bake at 275 degree for 3 hours—uncovered. Serve over angel hair pasta and with a simple salad and vegetable. Dish may be fixed ahead of time and re-warmed for busy days.
    Lynn

DD-9
    DS-7
    DS-born 4/25/10 (William Lukas)

GalaxyGirl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    We make the Pepper Lime Grilled Chicken recipe that is posted in the pinned thread very often. I picked it up out of the Fanny Farmer cookbook. It is an easy & savory basting sauce for grilled chicken. Comes out great every time.

Janet
    Janet (44), DH (44)
    Genevieve & Victoria 10/04
    via IVF#6 w/PGD
    +

Hopefulj
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you ladies for all of the receipes, they all sound yummy. I printed all of them and all of the ingredients are on my grocery list.

Thanks again.