FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
How were the shrimp, Kylie?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ClaireNola
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How were the shrimp, Kylie?

Just wondering

2. Advertisement

Kylie
    cool
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Uhm, stinky . For fresh gulf shrimp they sure were strong ? I was more impressed with my alfredo sauce . Someone forgot to tell me I should dispose of the shrimp peels in a ziploc bag ! You can imagine how smelly my garbage was two days later .

eli
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    speaking of garbage that stinks.... and seafood.... my foodstalker/coworker, brought me some crabs last Monday. DD and I ate them Monday p.m. and threw all the shells and scraps in the trash. The trash was already full and included at least one stinky poopy diaper. I proceded to clean out the fridge and throw in cantaloupe and rotting strawberries. I tied it up and put it on the back porch. I told dh to make SURE he took it out as we have wild animals at night sometimes. Did he do it? No... It sat there for about 2-3 days. I opened the door one morning for some fresh air and sunshine and was nearly bowled over by the REEK of old crabs! LOL An animal ripped it open and it was all over the place! Poor dh!
    Lynn

DD-9
    DS-7
    DS-born 4/25/10 (William Lukas)

ClaireNola
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ewww!! sorry after all that trouble you didn't enjoy them more!!

Plenty of experience here with stinky trash! My mom puts the shells in ziploc bags and freezes them and then puts them out on trash day. I don't do that because I'd never remember to put them out,then I'd probably defrost them thinking they were actually shrimp to cook!

CathyNY
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I think it must be an urban legend/fantasy, but a story I commonly heard on the dilbert web site concerned the disgruntled employee who is either fired or quits his crappy job and retaliates by sneaking into the boss's office and putting fish, or a mess of shrimp shells, into the ventilator (or curtain rods, or something similar). The story always ends with the boss being driven crazy by the horrible smell.

For me, nothing beats raw chicken scraps in the garbage after a day or two. Yikes, what a pong.
    Cathy
    and Nicky, seven years old

There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.
    --Beverly Sills